Rapha RCC Members

I don’t consider myself ‘cool’ or at least fashionable (in any sense) :smile: But people have commented favourably on stuff I have; this is usually off-the-shelf kit/equipment that I have modified to improve it in some way. The only time it’s clothing, it’s outdoor stuff that I bought 10+ years ago and you can no longer get it, and people think it’s ‘ally’ (military for cool) because it’s rare.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat … except i don’t think anybody has ever commented on my clothes other than “why are you still in shorts, it’s December”.

I chucked on a tshirt the other day that i realised i bought on our honeymoon, in 2012! That’s deffo not the oldest either. Though the kids have wrecked most of my tshirts by hanging on to the necklines!

2 Likes

Retro/Vintage came and went.
That was so early noughties.

Now it is all about “Collabs” by streetwear brands (such as Palace) with other, more established companies (see Palace’s Jonah Hill x Reebok project, or their Adidas tracksuits)
These collabs can then become enduring fashion labels by themselves, such as Yohji Yamamoto’s Y3/Adidas stuff.
Or Stella McArtney with Adidas.

The stuff like Palace x Rapha is rare.
Produced in limited runs, so not everyone is going to be able to buy it.
It’s due to this that the cost soars.

If you want to see ridiculous, look for one of the Louis Vuitton x Supreme backpacks :scream:
They cost more than an Hermes Birkin.

That Supreme stuff looks very sh!t for the money.

If I wore a tracksuit at my age, people would think I was a drug dealer, or a complete twot :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I did the same with some boxers the other day. Realised they were some freebies with my Vodka Revs card from back when I was student, so that would be pre-2005 :joy:

3 Likes

haha.

In the same vein my wife was getting low on good PJs that were clean. She chucked on a pair that i originally bought, for myself, for a team kit in a dodgeball tournament on the main lawn at our Uni in the summer of 2005! :rofl:

I obvioulsy looked better! Had strappy tan lines all year after that! :rofl:

3 Likes

Cram it up your cram hole LeFleur :joy:

2 Likes

But really

6 Likes

Between FatFace and Surdome, I’m pretty covered. (slinks off to corner)

1 Like

Interesting article…

@Poet scroll to the bottom to see more kit reimaginations. Right up your street.

Love the Jumbo and BM versions!

3 Likes

2020…It’s time to reimagine life :thinking:

3 Likes

i think that’s already being done to us !

2 Likes

Just catching up with this thread. I had quite a few pieces from the Rapha/Raeburn collection as they were made from MoD materials such as parachutes. Pretty cool and limited to 100 items.

2 Likes

Am I the only one here who is unfamiliar with the Palace brand and what it stands for?

I vaguely remember there being a billboard for Palace on my commuting route a while back, just next to the Ministry of Sound :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Streetwear brand, innit.
Skateboard fashion crossing over into mainstream culture.

no

TBH, I haven’t heard of 90% of the brands that get thrown around on here. Unless it’s Fatface, Patagonia or Hurley etc, I’m out way out of my depth. :disappointed:

1 Like

Patagucci :wink:

1 Like

I have no idea who they are either. Had never heard of them before. All the standard clothing on their website looks massively overpriced junk I’d never ever consider wearing. But I thought the EF jersey was pretty cool, and being a one off team issue kit, was something I could have seen myself wearing next summer.

But as I said after they sold out in a flash, not overly bothered.

1 Like