Roth 2021

Nah, Roth is fairly accurate (maybe a tad shy). I rode 5.29 there which is actually my slowest Iron distance bike leg. Although it was wet and windy. Even the 186km in Hamburg took me less time!

The run is 1km short.
Various pros have said this over the years in interviews Iā€™ve heard.

Bike was 178.5km, which is fine, but itā€™s 170-174km this year.
Which is massively short.

1 Like

Yeah well, evidently the Germans seem to have a problem getting their courses the right distance.

2 Likes

I dont care, it still counts, it does, it does, it does, and if anyone says different, all my toys are coming out of my pram

Can I also have a short swim and run?

5 Likes

111 miles and 26.0 miles when I did it so run a touch short. But the run course has changed since then

1 Like

Iā€™ve done a 9:28 which had packs on the bike that were impossible to avoid.

Still says 9:28 next to my name on the results

9 Likes

I didnā€™t realise theyā€™ve changed the bike course; or is this like they did in Frankfurt, whey they had to avoid road works, and didnā€™t bother adjusting the course to make it 180km? (iirc Frankfurt was 185km for a couple of years?)

Good luck tomorrow @Matthew_Spooner

2 Likes

Average bike speed should be crazy fast ?!

Iā€™m going with 9:25

4 Likes

Deffo

1:20
4:40 (170km bike)
3:25 (heā€™s consistent with those!)

4 Likes

9:25 sounds good, like those split times @Poet :grin:

5:30 kick off for us.

I think in previous years Challenge do a spilt tracker and a live feed of their finish stadium

2 Likes

I will be at the swim start and somewhere on the run course cheeringā€¦

1 Like

Yes have a great race Matt

Is @Chickenboy racing?

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing not after 4 hours on Zwift today :flushed:

1 Like

I know he was in for the race but guess he has deferred to next July, letā€™s see where the world is then.

1 Like

Good luck

No mate, I ended up reshuffling my races. Weymouth 70.3 and Mallorca full coming up

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Tracker https://www.challenge-roth.com/cockpit/mobile/index.html suggests Matts still in the wet stuff