Sean Conway Iron 102

Starts his bid today to complete 102 consecutive Ironman distance tri’s…1 more than Iron Cowboy

12 Likes

Is he doing the same route daily? I only ask because that bit of filming is done at my local OW spot & I’d heard nothing about it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not sure. Not much info on his website. He only announced it yesterday
Interesting to see how he gets on. Much more likeable character than the Iron Cowboy

3 Likes

Is he applying the same “rules” as Iron Cowboy? :roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

As @SidSnot is saying there’s not an abundance of information out there.

I don’t know the fella, but I thought these guys self-promoted the shizzle out of themselves.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this👍 Just started following him on Instagram, will be interesting to see how he does😊

1 Like

Well he finished day one at 10:30 last night. The bike was awful with strong headwinds. I like his attitude a lot - stopped half way through the run to have a Sunday roast :sweat_smile: His swims are open water, he is riding alone ( at the moment) and his run was unsupported - two loop run back to the house. Can’t find any times anywhere though :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Ah, I misread, I thought you wrote that he finished the first one in 10.30 :smile:

ST are quoting this from somewhere:

Day 1 was:
Open water swim: 4030m 1:43hr
Ride: 180.3km, 1148m elevation, 7:21hrs
Run: 42.22km, 533m elevation, 5:37hrs

3 Likes

I have no idea where Longdog got the info from - maybe strava :woman_shrugging:

If he’s using the same course for each one he hasn’t done himself any favours with the elevation on bike and run

4 Likes

Found him on Strava.

3 Likes

Reading through the ST thread. So who here organised the largest didgeridoo ensemble?
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-didgeridoo-ensemble#:~:text=The%20most%20participants%20in%20a,UK%20on%205%20August%202006.

It wasn’t me :rofl:

1 Like

I didgerididn’t

6 Likes

Well I didn’t want to point fingers, but my eyes were in your direction FP :face_with_monocle:

I’ll probably get sent to some kind of awareness training but I can’t stand the things. They’re the musical equivalent of a triangle. :wink:

3 Likes

Another guy with a beard living in their own Insta-endurance vacuum. Just get an image of the Solar System and put their face on the Sun :laughing:

Sounds like he’s made it very hard for himself, compared to IC. In fact what was the outcome of the IC attempt; was it pretty much ‘contentious’ again?

3 Likes

Haha, I was going to say is a huge beard a pre requisite for this type of challenge?!

4 Likes

This is #brosports

2 Likes

IC is always going to complete his challenges in a contentious manner, because he makes up his own rules. But yes, he completed 101 full distance triathlons with IVs, pacing and pelotons, but no elliptical-gate!!
IDK what to think of this challenge yet. If sean does it honestly, it might get interesting towards the end. If he starts cutting corners, then it’s just going to be same old same old.

6 Likes