Sean Conway Iron 102

My mate Sean was finding it easier logistically to swim in a pool. They are nearer to his home, transition was easier, it was easier to sortbout your morning :poop: etc, etc.

4 Likes

Tell us about it :roll_eyes:
You may be surprised to learn that it’s not always obvious which way round to go when setting off (at least from the Chester end); I’ve got it badly wrong a couple of times.

My records - time trialling at 11mph vs 23mph including the gates

2 Likes

8 Likes

Oh :cry:
That’s pretty bad news for him.

Oh shit!

Probably not much consolation at the moment, but if he is dead set on having another attempt to break the record it’s probably better to have this happen a week in rather than deeper into the attempt.

6 Likes

I do think that the very limited sleep means that accidents like this are more likely.

4 Likes

Blimey, must have been some obvious damage to call it there and then.

:cry:

How’s Ron cowboy doing?

Oh… fuck

3 Likes

I’ve decided to put this here, as I was too scared to start a new thread :see_no_evil:
The Bretzel Ultra Triathlon is on at the moment. There are several events, but the one I’m following is the quintuple continuous - 19km swimming, 900km bike and 211km run. The event started on Monday and the participants have until Sunday 11am to finish. The leader Adrian Kostera is now 71km into the run and hasn’t slept yet. This just blows my mind!

6 Likes

Adrian Kostera has a new world record for the quintuple continuous 67:45:51. Now he has to work out how to get home as his car somehow caught fire during the swim.

3 Likes

Why was he using his car for the swim leg… :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Cant he just ride home :grinning:

3 Likes

and why didn’t the water put the fire out?

:thinking:

Was it in the Cotswolds? :grin:

2 Likes

Someone else watched BBC3 last night :joy::+1:t3:

If that’s at me, I was thinking more of Jorgan’s neighbours :wink:

2 Likes