Shorts - Short shorts - Running

Fantastic bargains to be had in the sale bins when the PB stall is set up at Lakeland races

1 Like

Wait, you wear boxers with running shorts…?

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of the slightly longer version. Very short, not pocket, races only.

I can’t run in short shorts without getting bad inner thigh rub.

It’s lycra tri shorts or baggy shorts with a long lycra lining for me every time.

ah - the old chub rub. Yes, something I get as well so I’ve always run in either lycra shorts or baggies with a lycra inner. The net ballbag style shorts don’t cut it for me.

They do cut it for me, that’s why I never wear them - always wear boxers under lycra

3 Likes

I run in gymshark gear. Probably worse than every pair recommended here but at your budget - £10 in their yearly sale, zip pockets, stop me getting arrested. All I need.

The Fast 10cm?

As I say I just found one that I didn’t know was there. Rear, inside. Might be worth double checking too.

I’ve not worn shorts for months now “no knees below 10degrees” & all that :grin: , but my go to training shorts are some 10yr old Decathlon offerings. Not a fan of the built in lycra, I prefer to have separates.

2 Likes

I do… but they are the tight fitting, elasticated jockey boxers, and when running I make sure I have my ‘silky’ ones on. So I think it’s probably very much like having a lycra inner and going commando?

I say ‘silky’ because I have struggled to always get the type of material I like. It’s a bit hit and miss when ordering online. Some are more cotton like, not so smooth and seem to absorb water, so just keep those for every day wear.

Has anyone ever paid full price for shorts?

2 Likes

Charity shops usually have plenty of running shorts, often still ticketed up. Got plenty of mine from there. If you are squeamish you can always rinse them in disinfectant or vinegar first before you wash them .

1 Like

I love the visual of Tritalk Podium Ironmen squeeling and dipping their shorts in vinegar to save them from The Lurgy.

:+1:

4 Likes

All mine wear out in the crotch obviously. Am also a fan of Karrimor shorts from Sports Direct.

you’re starting to worry me - you shop in Sports Direct and drink Fosters. :eyes:

2 Likes

Humble brag.

5 Likes