Sleeved trisuit vs Bibs and jersey

For normal riding: which, and why?

• Sleeved trisuit
  • Bibs and jersey
  • I refuse to conform to binary decision making
0 voters

Usually an L/S top over the trisuit for the bike.

Full IM I’ve got changed into running kit for the last couple.

Edit, missed that or was it added :thinking: yeah bibs and top for riding

1 Like

For racing (back when I did tris) I ended up with ss Tri top and very lightweight shorts with a minimal pad as my go to kit

I don’t like bibs so for cycling I only use them in winter and get back into shorts as early as possible, normally March.
SS cycling top with arm warmers and thin base layer at this time of year

2 Likes

Jeans, t-shirt and hooded sweat. No helmet.
Thats normal riding, ala Amsterdam.

Trisuits should be worn maybe twice before race day. And it’s final use (I’m talking at you, Huub) is on race day. Once when you buy it (and only underneath bibs and a jersey) and for the race week “kit test” ride. For the love of all that is holy, don’t wear it alone to run in public in outside of a race, you goon.

4 Likes

Bibs and jersey for me, like @Poet, my trisuit only sees the light of day while racing.

3 Likes

Snap.

Might do one FKW ride in my trisuit before a big race.

1 Like

Ah, sounds like some of you have only one instead of four.

1 Like

Did this at run club the week before IM Frankfurt. No one said a word.

200+ people not saying a word is an awfully loud statement. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well I have two: a Huub suit that shows off your arse and a Zone3 with a front zipper that chafes the fuck out of your stomach. I’m in the market for a new one but will probably buy a club suit.

3 Likes

FTFY

Also, how can you wear a trisuit alone in front of 200+ people? I’m confused

@Adam - Huub Versus Arse. Use some old swim shorts, trace the arse panel onto an All Bran box from the Huub suit. Place All Bran box template onto old swim shorts. Cut template out. Stitch into Huub suit. Sorted.

2 Likes

I discovered at Wales that my trisuit, when worn under a wetsuit for an IM swim chafes like buggery in the armpits!

Could feel it within 30 mins, with a lot more than that to go! :joy:

Must remember to leave the top half down under the wetsuit next time.

3 Likes

I thought you meant without a run jacket or something.

The more I try to fit in the more I stand out, so this poll isn’t (for me) about looks. I was shopping around Castelli bibs and jerseys £80+ each then saw Huub’s decent trisuits were only £80 so got to thinking…

1 Like

Always go sleeveless, but I don’t go long.

All about the guns, innit. Intimidate the skinny lads at the start line.

7 Likes

That’s an oxymoron :joy:

But don’t wear just your trisuit in public.
Cover it up with a pair of shorts and t-shirt.
Just to check chafing.

@gingerbongo - Oh. I wore mine for most of my 4km OW swims when IM training. I’d forgot that :joy: or my sleeveless TeamGeeBee suit from 2013, which obviously still fits me perfectly :pig::lying_face:

2 Likes

Let’s not go there, you hate them, I love them! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Love it.

2 Likes

Mine did the same at Wales. Same suit was fine in the sea at Mallorca. Maybe the sea is more salty in the UK?! :person_shrugging:

I always wear a sleeved top under my wetsuit for any OW swimming. Otherwise I get chafing around my shoulder blade’s and other random areas. A sleeved top always helped and eliminated that. Except Wales.

2 Likes

Gotta at least wear a pair of running shorts over a tri suit when running in public, especially at a running club :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Sleeveless tri suit for everything ever
If your first race was over 30 years ago it’s allowed.

2 Likes

i couldn’t stretch my trisuits over my girth these days…but cheap and comfy bike shorts and top…

1 Like