Snippity Snip

At work we keep needles in a number of sizes. 31 guage, 29 guage, 27 guage, you name it.

The smaller the number, the bigger the needle actually.

I expect the needle for the procedure @Jgav is having will be off the bottom end of that scale though. Maybe the type that have to be ordered specially, and are commonly just referred to as “Mr Big” or “those Elephant Killers” :wink:

(Obv not really, one of the guys I worked with used to do a vasectomy list every Friday. It was remarkably low key and quick, all the scrabbling around is very near the surface)

3 Likes

He also had a smallholding and used to castrate his own livestock, back when that was allowed.

2 Likes

You’re not helping

Funny enough that’s my nickname. I should warn them in case they need an extra pair of hands during the op.

4 Likes

Maybe your nickname right now, but come back and tell us in a week…

:hocho::wink:

6 Likes

Size, depends how cold it is in the room; but you’ll be sweating regardless.

Just consider how ‘easy’ this is compared to child birth and it’s over in no time.

4 Likes

To be honest I found child birth quite easy. I didn’t do much.

8 Likes

Also regarding temperature, make sure your sack is nice & warm. You don’t want the Doc taking a scalpel or needle to a leathery, wizened baw bag.

4 Likes

I had a warm towel/flannel/beanbag thing laid on top to keep everything nice and comfortable and supple.

6 Likes

Not sure this is the right place to discuss your domestic arrangements GB :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Still, could be worth a general anaesthetic

5 Likes

Another thing that really p***ed me off at the time was that they wanted to ask for the wife’s consent before they would see me, but she didn’t need my consent or to give me any notice to have an IUD inserted or removed.

It’d be more likely to be the same for a tubal ligation, given its permanent to try ensure both parties are in agreement.
People are more likely to regret something/change their mind if they have more external pressures - eg SO still wanting children, not yet having any children or being in significant relationship.

Had my pre-op phone consultation this afternoon. Assumed with Covid backlogs it would be well into the New Year before they gave me an appointment to get it done but apparently not. Merry Christmas to me…

7 Likes

Fuckin’ ‘ell - respect :fist::confounded:

1 Like