Sport Science...a Tin Pot of recommendations to ignore

Post your misunderstandings here for the TT massive to poke fun and/or attempt to point you in the right direction…

3 Likes

Lack of electrolytes cause cramps

Compression tights stop DOMS

Ice baths are good for athletes and not some dumb ass challenge

21mm tyres are the quickest, as you can get them to 210psi, which is better, as it’s bigger

tubs are better than clinchers

red is the fastest

Max HR is 120 - age

You need carbs to race
You don’t need carbs to race
Fasted for fat adaptation
Pretty much any variation on this stuff for me

1 Like

Swimsmooth

1 Like

WHAT?!?!?
You mean I’m not an Arnie???

1 Like

Starting an Ironman marathon at 4:00/km pace will get you ahead of the drag curve.

2 Likes

I see your Swimsmooth and raise you a Total Immersion

5 Likes

I take your T.I. and raise you an Ocean Walker method aka catch up drill

2 Likes

Triathlon Box

4 Likes

is Pose still a thing ?

3 Likes

Ive still got the original book.

So long as you’re wearing Newton’s, yes.

Ive got a hardly used pair of them in the office waiting for my return. I really liked the Distance.

1 Like

Inverted reverse periodisation.

Power cranks!
W. T. A. F. were they all about???

No, Not cranks with power, you utter n00bs :wink:
But those fugly cranks that had a clutch and you had to do the full circle motion with each leg.

Add to that;

Oval chainrings
Over sized jockey wheels
Ceramic anything

2 Likes

Nike BetaFly £260 trainers

#trigger

3 Likes

10 Likes

Forget fat adaptation but training while glycogen depleted has definite benefits in mitochondrial function.

I love the confirmation bias and cherry picking combo on Fitter Radio podcast when it comes to LCHF and triathlon/sports performance. Any study that doesn’t sho what they want was vastly flawed but this other thing about tumeric tea is awesome :metal:

1 Like

My brain still doesn’t understand whether I should be doing exercise in the AM fasted, not fasted, using fatty foods using glucose. There’s so much ‘science’ out there that it’s hard to unpick. My dentist tried telling me that all gels are bad and you don’t need them at all (he was probably moaning about my teeth not my performances).

If you use avocado and coconut oil as a chamois cream you can gradually absorb the fat through your bum cheeks and fuel your ride that way.

I hope that is eventually the point of this thread. I love nerding out on exercise physiology.

8 Likes