Strava or tattoo: Incoming!

Call it stealth training @FatPom . Not letting your competitors know what you’re doing.

I follow a few peeps off here on Strava, just to check if they’re lying or not :wink: I’ve been checking up on @Jorgan but he didn’t even follow me back :sob: I think i technically class as a millenial so i guess i should get all upset and offended by it!! :rofl:

1 Like

Is it an interesting course? Flat/hilly? Road/trail?

It’s not too far away, and my friends and i are always on the lookout for decent localish races.

Tbh I’m not interested in what most other people do on Strava; I followed Skipper, feck knows why because I have no real interest in what he does outside of race day…an unfollow to come I think. I would rather just chat about stuff here with people.

I’m on FB, but only friends with just over 100 people, all of who I have actually met - like in person!

1 Like

It’s very up & down, nearly all off road (certainly the first 50 my wife did). A lot of the second half is through woodlands by looks of it. All on tracks an trails, lot of it is quite narrow as it’s a footpath rather than a ‘proper’ trail.

1 Like

I know I’m just in a stupid mood right now! The highs of a sea swim still flowing!

same bud, had mine done on 2007 on leg. same reasoing at the time, so i don’t need to justify why or why i shouldn’t have had it done. I think there’s a lot of overthinking re the tattoos, if thats what you want then cool, go for it. I’m currently working on the ‘i’m a dentist and i do triathlon ,’ tattoo at the moment :wink:

1 Like

Just ride a P5X; everyone will know you’re a medical professional that does Triathlon :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Great discussion :slight_smile:

Cotswold Way 100 sounds good!

OK, so IM tatt is out but CCC, that’s totally OK, right? :upside_down_face:

Crew Clothing Company? :wink:

Just get a mug every Father’s Day. About as self indulgent as I get, showing off my kids and their frikkin awesome genes :upside_down_face::rofl::roll_eyes:

I chose this image on one side so that people at work don’t bullshit or patronise me about certain work related subjects; it’s kind of a subtle finishers shirt :grin:

1 Like

haha, ain’t that true!!:rofl:

hehe, this is my regular mug at home. I have another at work. Some of my best memories as a Dad are being in the surf with her.

Some guy once said…you call that surf?! :rofl:

1 Like

She was only 4! I can’t tell you how bad my day would be if I came home with one less kid than I started with!

Back to tattoos, I think we all think the M-Dot tattoo is passe because we see more triathletes than others so we see a lot of them, relatively speaking. I don’t think twat when I see them or the outlaw onee, I do when I see the twat who turns up to any training session or sports event with an IM cap, tee shirt, jacket, bag, etc. like they randomly picked it up or they have so many that’s ALL they have to wear.

2 Likes

I’d never get one but good luck to anyone that does. I think we sometimes forget actually how hard doing an IM is sometimes, we’re so used to our friends, clubmates and forumites doing them and being pretty amazing. If people want to celebrate that with a tattoo, good on them.

My mum actually got a tattoo at 57. (Not an IM one!). My Nan died at that age and she had a bit of a mortality check. She just wanted to be a bit more interesting if she ended up on a mortuary slab. A bit morbid but I got the sentiment.

1 Like

I’m intrigued?!
I get the main point of the post. I kind of want “something”, as especially my first one was such a big period of focus and dedication in my life, and it was a pretty big deal to have crossed that line. The problem I have is that I have some perfectionist tendencies, and whilst I’ve actually wanted a tat (in a variety of forms, for a variety of different reasons over the years), I’ve never been happy with and idea that I’ll be happy with “forever”.

Basically the concern of the above.

I still like documenting stuff though, so I instead went with some artwork for my flat…

This one had the added quirk of all my 2018 races having had the same time (in seconds)

4 Likes

I’d never get a Mdot tattoo or outlaw or any other event type logo for that matter. I can get on board with olympians having the rings tattooed on them because that genuinely is the pinnacle of achievement. But for age groupers I can’t see any one event meaning that much.

I do quite like some of the swim bike run designs though and would maybe consider one of those. The sport of triathlon is genuinely important to my life and something that represents that might be nice.

1 Like

Agree with this. Maybe the three parts of the TT logo. Alongside training, the time I spend on here probably contributes to the largest parts of my waking hours! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I did mean to add actually that I’ve seen some really clever designs around S.B.R. some incorporating the M-Dot or outlaw logo into them, which I quite like but wouldn’t get one.