Strava or tattoo: Incoming!

I am about to go Strava bagging KOM hunting over lunch :see_no_evil:

I might even go get a tat of my achievements.

1 Like

I’ve become quite friendly in a cyber type of way with several people doing IMUK.
My best ride, which is a real outlier was way above my normal average bike capacity…!?
The younger generation, some of whom I’ve completed the loop with really did get into the …if it’s not on Strava thing…

Hey ho! It was a training ride that went better than expected.

Tattoo wise I’m about to have a Woman’s name emblazoned on my body, one and done tattoo… I was thinking of putting a tri slant on it, but it’s just sounds carp!

That’s the misconception there though. To some people, it really does mean a lot. It did to me.

I just wasn’t aware, at the time, of how much of an absolute beast of an endurance athlete i would become in the next 5 years!! :crazy_face:

I bought a cool map print thing of my first 100 mile ultra, for a similar reason … though it never actually made it onto the wall and i don’t even know where it is now! My wife gave me a big fat no! haha

And there’s a lot to be said of the ‘normalisation’ of endurance sports that gets worse and worse with time spent with similar people. My main friendship group now are all ultra runners. We will go out and run 50-100km overnight without a second’s thought, thinking it’s normal. We don’t go out boozing, we go out running! It takes a conversation /…err debate with my wife to realise it really isn’t ‘normal’ (what is normal though?!).

Similarly it would appear that my retort of not training as much as X or Y does in a week doesn’t really wash with the boss. As my baseline is still a lot higher than most normos. Bit tongue in cheek there, but the principle stands.

4 Likes

Tattoos aren’t worse or better than anything, it’s your body/your art.

Do what you want, although use Angelina Jolie as your guide for going too far, imo. :+1:

2 Likes

haha

1 Like

Yeah it’s all based on personal perspective / circumstances / experiences. Maybe I’ve just never done a race that meant enough or was singularly life changing in the way that an ironman appears to be for others.

1 Like

Big, gaudy and a bit naff… but I don’t care! (my other ones are much more thought out and cooler!)

1 Like

Yeah, let’s make a pact to all get a TriTalk logo tattoo :joy:

you go first as one of the ‘seniors’ of the group

1 Like

Ha. Maybe we could get transfers for events!

One of our club coaches does that for the athletes he coaches directly! Quite a few of them have got into wearing them in London League events

1 Like

£31.80 for qty 20 9x4cm TriTalk logo transfers…just saying.

1 Like

Why would you choose that as a design? I’m not surprised you regret it…

5 Likes

I have an Asian kid, so…:thinking:

2 Likes

Mrs FP says this to a lot. She reckons I’m not fat but hang out within a bubble of thin fast folks. Apparently, there is a section of the population that isn’t like that!

1 Like

I think he might be referring to vials of blood or something.

as with all fashions, tats will pass by as they probably already are…

motivations for doing IM differ, of course, as do getting tats, but one can guess that the IM tat is either to remind you or to inform other people,

of all the many people I know who have tats, the reason for the tat or its content is usually the least interesting thing about them…

I survived a car bombing in Colombia, should I get that instead? :grin:

1 Like

hell yeah! Like a little comic strip!

3 Likes

Its definitely a better story than I dropped 500 notes and danced with divorce for 10+ hours of exercise.

8 Likes