Stuff you didn’t know until recently

No, I am not a betting man (who spends loads of time on Vegas forums). Mind you I am broke. If money wasn’t an issue maybe I would, but it would seem like I would just be taking the bookies money. I have zero issue with others profiting from my skillset though.

Given she will be taking office just before I expect global state war (ww3) to be at its highest risk point, she will have her work cut out for her. But I think she would be a wise hand to help steer the world to safety.

Imaging bojo as a wartime prime minister, in his Churchill mode!

I really do hope that I am either wrong on this or the spooks and diplomats prevent it.

Americans call full stops periods

2 Likes

I was surprised by their use of the word ‘Parentheses’ when they mean brackets

2 Likes

Smiling to acknowledge someone who’s waiting to let you past in the supermarket doesn’t really work if you’re wearing a mask :roll_eyes:

Must come up with another mode of non-verbal communication :rofl:

1 Like

Face coverings are now optional in Sainsbury Nine Elms after 8pm on a thursday - only about 50% compliance last night :roll_eyes:

I’m managing 13 people instead of 12. Come back previous offer, all is forgiven. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m less convinced now because of Biden’s chosen running mate, Kamala Harris. Biden is very close to, and loyal to the Obama’s. and if there was a real prospect of Michelle Obama running, I doubt he would have put Kamala on the ticket as VP, as that is seen as a path to a presidential campaign and thus positions her as a competitor to Obama… 8 years or so from now, a Kamala president with Michelle Obama as VP, on an all female ticket though… now that could be a possibility, and also would be fascinating to watch… but, hey, what do I know!

1 Like

I know Trump bucked the trend on that (and most things), but isn’t it normal for serious future presidential candidates to run for congress/senate/governer first to give themselves some political credentials?

I’ve regularly found myself smiling or acknowledging behind the mask.

Facial expressions are a big way of communication with poeple.

1 Like

smile with the eyes!

1 Like

You can toast potato waffles in the toaster from frozen

2 Likes

I set fire to the kitchen in my Uni halls with that.

3AM, wasn’t popular for a while.

3 Likes

Biden will keel over a couple of months in*, making Komma - La president…

*the US has come up with another screamer…let’s put the weakest possible candidate up, let’s not change our policies, and let’s all cry when Trumpet gets another term…

2 Likes

Calm down there old boy!

Sounds like your judgement is coming around to agree with me. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You will be telling us that Michelle Obama will win in 2024 next! :upside_down_face: :wink:

i have always been in total agreement with myself…

I don’t follow Mobama closely, but i think thus far she has avoided most of the nonsense of identity politics…if she can stay away from that then she stands a chance…

Have you ever made a sandwich from frozen bread to thaw out hours later?

Mind. Blown.

Sounds unpleasant and wet. Or does it work?

When a youth, doing farmwork during the summer (it’s what we did in Lincolnshire) we used to do this.

Works great & not wet, ideal as @pacha says if its hot & the bread would go stale quickly.