Stuff you didn’t know until recently

Supporting your local producers = great.

Buying in an irregular cheese drop = great.

Those new cheeses we’ve discovered = great.

Wife making unilateral decision to buy “mystery cheese”= very not great.

I like garlic. I like cheese. I even like garlic cheesy bread. But don’t torture a classy cheese with infused garlic.

The mystery? Why any dolt would be willing to pay for it? :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes:

I always seek out the knife that’s been chopping garlic to chop the cheddar later.

3 Likes

You sir are evil.

one word for garlicy cheese - Boursin - lush

but generally I agree - why add shite to cheese when it’s not needed? apart from a few legacy cheeses such as Windsor Red, Sage Derby and blue cheeses, nothing else needs adding - especially all the fucking shite they sell arund Xmas

2 Likes

Ooohh i dunno. I love a chivey cheese at christmas!

bet you are one of the fuckers who buys cheese with fruit or chilli in it aren’t you? :gun:

1 Like

oh man, Mexicana!!!

YUM!!!

Wensleydale and cranberry!!!

2 Likes

get the fuck outta here!

4 Likes

Yep, we’re eating quite a lot of that. Also makes a nice topping for oven baked Salmon

1 Like

I love that stuff.

3 Likes

My dad was Yorkshire, so for us it was un-iced Christmas cake and Wensleydale every year. I am quite partial to Wensleydale with stem-ginger in it.

Wife has some fairly weird cheese habits - Cheese from her neck of the woods is really dry, stale and hard. Closest equivalent to it she can find over here is a very mature Parmesan which she then leaves open to dry out on a shelf for another couple of weeks before she will gnaw on it.

2 Likes

Cheese and Christmas cake is amazing.
It really is.

Same with my dad and I never really got it, then tried some last Christmas and now I’m converted.

Plain Wensleydale though :yum:

1 Like
  1. My Submarine Locating work was a waste of time, satellites can now see submarines in certain conditions and military folk report that it getting better and better. :dizzy_face:

2. Michell Obama is really going for it, my confidence in her becoming president in 2024 is rising :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Have you looked at the odds for Michelle?

I have to agree on Michelle Obama, her constant denial of presidential ambitions is getting a bit Frank Underwood now.

Salmon :face_vomiting:

farmed salmon - meh. proper wild salmon - lush

but you can’t beat sewin aka sea trout for quality of flesh

You’re right, all I’ve eaten is probably farmed Salmon.