Sub 7 and Sub 8 IM Project

Love Joe as a racer but surely he’s just going to get his arse handed to him here?

4-5 mins back out of the water and never see them again

4 Likes

Yeah, agreed but the pacers could do a decent job?

Is Joe using the same team as Ali was due to? They’re all massive engines

Blu obviously has the same though

2 Likes

Maybe. Hopefully they drag him back, it could be interesting if they do given his IM run.

His swim pacers will have the easiest day they’ve ever had, hopefully they have enough time to work out the slower pacing so they don’t drop him.

2 Likes

He was due to race, I forget which race but having “skipped” the WC he was lining up something anyway.

1 Like

He raced in Poland over the weekend, no idea how he did.

Thought iM Nice was next up for him

1 Like

Yeah Nice was it.

1 Like

It’s a real shame. Is it just me, or do other’s think that Ali seems to break rather easily?

1 Like

Suspect his ‘athletic age’ is much greater than his actual age due to starting young and years of brutal training.

3 Likes

Its more to do with the way he trains than any underlying issues I’d assume from the stories I hear. he had a perpetual cycle of spending winter injured then smashing himself into the ground to get fit only to then spend all winter recovering again. He should have been dragged aside and told in no uncertain terms years ago, but no one had the balls to upset him.

5 Likes

Triathlon Mockery podcast yesterday has some interesting commentary in the last half about this.

3 Likes

Absolutely this. If ever an athlete needed a coach to manage this on a multi-year basis it’s Alistair IMHO. He could do well off 18 months having backed off but beimg consistent. His talent would let him ‘race up’. Amazing considering how clever he clearly is. Same for Jonny. I believe that was Malcom Brown’s majn roles, keeping them from destroying themselves.

8 Likes

Been meaning to give this weeks episode a listen - thought they would dedicate some time to it

Apparently their podcast behaviour has been losing them sponsors, something about something they said last October and took back, some trolls involvement. Can’t say I’m entirely surprised, as it doesn’t have a PC mask on but at the same time I’m not sure its actually bad.

1 Like

Yeah same, there’s a bit of bad language that probably doesn’t do them too many favours either

Why has Jonny now dropped as a pacer, feels a bit I am only doing this for my bro… (I think I read the right)

1 Like

Could be Skipper wanting a couple of his own mates?

Ali is swim pacing him instead of Varga now isn’t he?

It’s interesting to see the different targets that Blum and Skip have gone for. Joe wanting to hammer the bike and survive the run, and Blum being more cautious on the bike but an insane run target

3 Likes

What targets have they set?

Edit just found it

Mind blown about Blu saying he can run 2.20 - 2.25

3 Likes

I would also say that with Skipper’s bike target I would expect that Dan Bigham would have had a lot of input into this, and he knows his onions. Still rapid though!

4 Likes

An interesting insight from Alan Murchison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeT8d77sTsn/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Reckons Blu being exceptionally conservative on the bike target (sand-bagging) given the individual pedigree of his pacers.

1 Like

Too much middle aged/bald/white/unshaven/thick glasses going on for me.

Skip to 50:00 for the athletes themselves.