TdF 2020

Do you think they’d send them in Jiffy bags?

1 Like

Roglic apparently 50/50 to start due to the injuries picked up at the Dauphine

The predicted race in this thread is far more exciting than the real thing.

2 Likes

Fantasy TdF 2020 anyone?

why not.
Is the ASO one easy enough to do? I remember they made it over complicated when they pulled it from the original guys that used to run it.

Dumoulin!

I just signed in and still in the Tritalk league from last time

1 Like

Interesting. Seems mixed messages with Roglic himself being a bit pessimistic, but the team saying he’s fine.

I was looking at the route more closely over the last few days. I hadn’t realised there’s a few bits of the route I encountered last year.

Stages 1&2&3 actually only use a small part of last year’s 70.3WC’s, but some of the roads are the same.

Stage 17 is going up the new paved road that I went over last year, just after it was completed. That summit finish is going to be intense, as there are ramps in the final sections that get seriously steep. I did it from the other side, but went down the side they’ll come up. Looking at my strava file, the descent included sections at 20% https://www.strava.com/activities/2545841212

Stage 18 is clearly appeasing parts of the route that got culled from last year’s Queen Stage to Val Thorens due to the mudslides and poor weather. The opening 66k is pretty much what the Etape was, but just in reverse. They skip the 2nd cat climb we did and head straight to the Cormet de Roseland. It was a largely rapid descent, but just with some sections of recurring swtichbacks, so that will be an interesting opening to what looks a tough stage.

I love the Tour every year anyway, but it’s even more engaging when you know some of the roads! I’m certainly jealous of those of you that have ridden most of the mountains they do each and every year!!

2 Likes

Can we agree that spoilers are allowed on this thread???

No, nothing until after the highlights show on ITV4.

2 Likes

lets start an obvious spoilers alert thread… and then people can stay away if they want to!

2 Likes

While we’re at it, lets have views on how far the race will get before it gets canned because spectators can’t stay away and behave themselves!

I’m going to plump for Stage 10

3 Likes

Nah - 5,000 are allowed.
And that’s probably per km :wink::rofl:

It’ll be ace and won’t get canned.

Whatever happens will be better than last years shit show snow storm cancellation.

1 Like

Is it on live normal TV in th UK or do I have to pay?

Internet feeds!

1 Like
1 Like

IPTV ftw :sunglasses:

You can subscribe to full coverage on Eurosport or GCN for £6.99…

ITV4 to the rescue again :grinning: Live from 12:30 stage 1 tomorrow…what excuse can I find to be watching telly all afternoon :face_with_monocle:

After a bike ride all morning

2 Likes

Perfect timing. Kids start school next week. 2 big screen in my ‘office.’. Don’t even have to have a backup excel sheet on one of my screens now I’m at home! :joy:

4 Likes