TdF 2020

I’m the only one in the office, so it’s going on the office TVs :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks like ITV gonna need a backup plan when the peloton gets hit with covid and the tour is canned.

It’s all getting bad in France with Corona

Not really.
It’s mostly young people that are now testing positive.

“ Despite the sharp rise, hospital numbers and daily deaths were relatively stable, as young people less vulnerable to the disease make up most of the new infections, the ministry said. “

ITV 4 live every day and highlights at 1900. Also on Eurosport 1.

2 Likes

Im watch “La Course” at the moment, is it normal for people to get dropped 10km in to a sub 100km race? Seems early.

Decided to avoid the wet roads this morning and Ill be on the Turbo for the TdF this afternoon.

1 Like

I am watching it too. Not normal, but the ladies have 100km to showcase so the teams are taking massive turns at the front and really amping the pace. Quite simply this is a hurt locker race!!!

1 Like

Look how the French Police handled a normal year in 2019…pepper spray :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice finish.

1 Like

Hoping Ive got enough to last

1 Like

Without spoilers … I agree. A fantastic race from start to finish. I love the female racing. They just throw it down, again and again and again. It is such raw, beautiful racing!

4 Likes

I know the other thread is spoiler free, are we ok to talk about stage 1 as it happens here?

Who else still watches the highlights show at 7pm, even when they’ve watched the live feed all afternoon?

4 Likes

There’s a spoiler thread somewhere…

We went back into lockdown 4 weeks ago and have seen a handful of cases in hospital since then, despite having hundreds in April/May.

…so…what are you saying there, sir? :face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So…what are we all thinking for today?
Two Cat1 climbs, a Cat2 one, with an 80% chance of rain, and an uncategorised climb just before the finish…

…seems like it’s got Alaphillipe written all over it!

On ITV4 last night they were mentioning it could be cancelled due to rising cases at any time.
Will the race even reach Paris?

I reckon that’ll have a bearing on today’s stage and we’ll see a few folks attempting to get into yellow early…Pogacar also looks good for today.

2 Likes

Weather forecast is good today, not so tomorrow

Damn bank holiday messing up my internal clock!
Yeah, today looks like a great day.
Tomorrow is thunderstorms

I cannot remember a Tour where they had Cat 1 climbs on day two! Today is more like a week two stage.

3 Likes