TDF - As it happens

4 months suspended sentence

1 Like

Thought we had a general pro cycling thread but only found the pro tri thread.

Not good news coming out about Egan Bernal. Looking like a possible career ending crash. Just hope itā€™s not a huge life changing crash. Fingers crossed for the guy.

7 Likes

It doesnā€™t sound good at all, especially the spine issues. He already has issues in that area.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

1 Like

So young, hope he pulls through and recovers well, hopefully to race again. Doesnā€™t take much to have life changing consequences on a bike, as we all see here more than once. Look at Kristina Vogel also. Does make you consider life choices sometimes, especially for our children.

1 Like

Yes, sounds hideous. By coincidence I watched the Pantani documentary: amazing the injuries he came back from - with a little help mindā€¦

(PS How wrong does he look in the early days with thinning hair)

5 Likes

Saw that a while back, very odd look.

Watched that the other day and thought the same, much better with the shaved head!

This will mess up IGā€™s plans for the Tour, Iā€™d say Bernal was their only hope to defeat Pog and Rog.

I hope they still let Carapaz do the Giro, heā€™ll rip that up. However, he may just do the job, totally unpredictable.

there was this one:

Probs worth starting up a 2022 one soon though, as the road season proper kicks off in Feb i think (with the normal Tour of Oz cancelled this year).

Awful news about Bernal though. I saw something on SM the other day from Ineos saying heā€™d been in an accident, must have been very soon after as there were zero details.

1 Like

Seems to be a bit of detail being released from Colombia but not sure how reliable it is. Some of it is pretty scary, potentially life changing.

I saw this a few days ago and it down played the injuries. Had no idea it was this badā€¦

Sounds like ā€œwill he ever ride againā€ rather than will he ride the '22 Tour

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like a long road back from that list of injuries. Just look at what happened to Froome

1 Like

2024 tour will be strange end - no Paris finish due to Olympic preparations. Last stage is Monaco to Nice TT

3 Likes

You mean a good end?

Another Fignon style final day?
Should be brilliant!

None of this processional nonsense.

6 Likes

Love a last day TT.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just surprised the 2024 Olympics arenā€™t in the Middle East, in December.

2 Likes

Excited to be heading out on a boys trip in the van with the bikes to the TdF for stages 12-15ā€¦allez, allez

15 Likes

It will be coming

2 Likes