Team Kit

What’s the general opinion on wearing items of team kit when out cycling?

It’s coming to the end of the season and there will be lots of decent quality team kit getting discounted. I’m thinking Jackets, gilets, jerseys, bibs.

WGAF

4 Likes

People will disagree, but I wouldn’t worry.

I still wear Garmin-Sharp items from years age just because I like the colours.

I also have the full GCN replica kit, although that’s not quite the same thing.

2 Likes

Wear what you want, even better if you’re going to mix the teams kits up. Although I remember around 2005 a guy wearing head to toe USPS kit and then his dad being by the side of the road and handed him a USPS musette with his bars and bottle(s), etc. Too far!

4 Likes

You don’t want to be branded a FKW, so make sure you mix and match items from different teams :roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

I saw a guy the other day in full USP kit with a USP replica Trek bike :flushed:

It was like it was 2003 all over again :roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Perfect

Yeha same. I’ve always fancied a Bora jersey. I have no major support or issues with them. Just like the look of the kit.

I almost rejoice in mixing and matching kit, bike colour, shoes, helmet etc. just to wind up the snobby roadies! :joy:

4 Likes

I’m an unashamed Ineos fanboy, love that orange training kit.

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of Rapha Sky bibs and winter bib longs but that’s about it.

Came free with some special cream :grimacing::joy:

5 Likes

Just don’t wear a polka dot jersey and walk up a hill

8 Likes

Wear what you like. Not a yellow, green or polka jersey :grin:

I do always try and match my kit but I generally always wear black bibs so it’s matching my jersey and socks!

2 Likes

I say you can wear anything except Rapha.
It’s a well known fact that wearing Rapha makes you look like a knob.

Especially wearing a Rapha cap, you move up to pretentious knob with one of those :wink:

9 Likes

I think Cafe Du Cycliste beats Rapha hands down in the twat stakes?

6 Likes

I’ve never even heard of that, probably yet to make it to the provinces.

I keep getting ads for this, mildly tempted:
https://images.app.goo.gl/hvUiyGt2yXkU9yaX8

2 Likes

A few years ago I picked up a Bahrain Merida race jersey for £10.

The only problem, it’s a medium.

As a casual fit, I’m a large / extra large. Looks sprayed on.

5 Likes

Talking of BM, I have one of Fred Wrights (then Bahrain Victorious) team issue jerseys from the 2022 Tour (from VCL, he often gives stuff and the money goes to the Velodrome) It fitted my then 12 year old son! (I have a photo of him with my then 11 year old, there’s not much difference in size :wink:

4 Likes

You’ll hate me then! Not worn them for years, but I had a Cav HTC jersey in TdF green (wore that when out supporting him in St Malo one year), as well as a Froome Sky jersey in TdF yellow (wore that the following day when watching the TT to Mont St Michel). I also have a Cav Sky jersey in the rainbow stripes!

I have worn all of them in the past when commuting :rofl:

I was very sad when the zip broke on the HTC one :frowning:

6 Likes

The fit on CDC is weird, gives me moobs!!

MAAP is good stuff and less “Rapha”
But Rapha is cheap in the sales, it’s good quality (if you get the Pro line, Core is awful) and you get free crash repair (which I’ve used a few times😆)
Plus, if you lose weight, you get 50% off a smaller size :white_check_mark:

I’d wear FKW … but only if it was the EF x Palace stuff :joy::moneybag::money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Oh no you have to earn the stripes :wink:

2 Likes