Team Kit

I have a British Champs Sky jersey - except it’s not, it’s a Chinese rip off from a market when I was there in 2013? Think it was after Brad had won the title in 2012?

2 Likes

And PNS (Pas Normal Studios) trumps CdF and Rapha for ultimate :bell:end?

3 Likes

That one I missed. Looking now.

Edit: not sure on that, slightly better looking than CDC in my opinion, still ludicrous pricing.

However this might be the most twatty pair of shorts eVar.

Brace Yourself

1 Like

Why though?

I’d much rather have lots of comfortable kit, that looks good, and I think I look good in, over an expensive - yet generic - SWorks bike :person_shrugging:t3:

I’ve not had the chance to try on PNS, but see that End. clothing stock it, so might order some in the sales :white_check_mark:

I don’t understand the hate for more luxe cycling brands?

@LordFlasheart - Check out End. to see if they have any in stock. They also sell Satisfy Running :money_mouth_face::moneybag:

2 Likes

Rapha is excellent stuff when you get the sizing right. The off the bike and trail kit is great, I just use it for casual wear and running.

Used a technical T during UTMB and no issues whatsoever with chafing or anything.

2 Likes

Linky?

I need new jersey and bibs.

1 Like

Not my cup of tea, but I don’t have any issues with anyone else wearing it - I’m not a plain kit Tory :rofl:

1 Like

inverse snobbery from the dentists :wink: “oh look at me I am normal” (whist riding a 12k Pinarello)

5 Likes

I’ve never tried it, but I don’t get the appeal of PNS kit. It’s just plain block colour with their logo on the back for a crazy price :man_shrugging:

I’m also firmly of the view that shorts should be black and PNS seems to be intent on putting people in beige and brown shorts :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No issue with it whatsoever, spend your money however you like.

For me none of these boutique brands are worth the money; they don’t add additional functionality or durability for the additional cost.

I am super fussy about bibs, I have had Pro line Rapha ones that were not that comfortable and didn’t last that long. The most comfortable and long lasting shorts I have had are the £30 PX 365 ones, why would I pay 6 times the price for something inferior.

These brands don’t sell luxury goods; they sell the perception of luxury.

2 Likes

I like the DHB bibs, and longs, they have some really good winter ones

1 Like

Every time time I see PNS kit my child like mind goes straight to PENIS

Just can’t see past it, penis, every time and it’s proper pricy kit too

11 Likes

I generally wear Castelli but recently got some Endura shorts for the turbo and commute, off wiggle’s ebay site for <£20 and they’re really comfortable. You can pick up Castelli stuff at reasoanble prices from a few different shops.

I think DHB shorts are horrid but I have a nice enough DHB jersey.

1 Like

It’s been said on here before, the S2 PX TriTalk nut was some of the best kit I’ve ever owned :white_check_mark:

But all luxe marques sell the perception of luxury :person_shrugging:t3:

Same with Porsche, BMW etc.
and houses. Cotswolds Vs Yorkshire Dales.
Same house style. Same scenery. Same lack of people. Just three times more expensive for the same product.

Anyways, straying away from #FKW now.

I used to not like it, but I’ve never worn team kit of any sports team as an adult.

Now?
Wear what you like.
Ride what you like.
How you like.

WGAF :person_shrugging:t3:

(Peoples has changed, man)

7 Likes

for short dumpy Italians :wink: i needed a triple XL and it was still too short and hung like a tent

3 Likes

yes, best kit I’ve had I recon.

No!!!
They’ve a new fit, check out the reviews on Wiggle!

It’s more rotund around the MAMIL Dad Bod region. But still not flappy on the arms.

It’s class!

2 Likes

Because they’re just so cringe. I love quality kit but without the marketing BS :face_vomiting: I mean check out the blurb and the video in the link LordF pasted above. If I saw that without context I’d think it was a parody. It’s practically Zoolander.

In Mallorca this year I saw a squad of PeNiS kittted riders, all head to toe, maybe 12 of them. All on S-Works and BMC to a man. They did look Pro to be honest :yum:

6 Likes

And that’s just Pearson kit.

I wouldn’t say they’re a lux brand in the slightest

(To be honest i never see any of their marketing - only years of seeing battered single speeds being commuted on through London)

1 Like

I know the Pearson brothers really well. They went “quirky” with their bike names and marketing about 12 years ago. I don’t know where their kit comes from now - it used to come from a factory in Italy, but that may have changed.

2 Likes