The 496 Challenge

Run 1km on 1st January
Run 2km on 2nd January
Etc …

496km total distance ran as;

n(n+1) / 2, where n=31 :nerd_face:

I’m going to see how far I can get.
Retiring a couple of pairs of shoes in the process.

The logistics is tricky, but walking and split days count, so that’s nice.

13 Likes

Might wait until February :crazy_face:

Shit - it’s a leap year this year

11 Likes

yer but nah

7 Likes

EJC might have something to say about it.
I’d love to try it.

Proper runners would do it in miles of course :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m already out. While I’m sure I must have walked over 1km yesterday, it’s not on Strava :rofl:

4 Likes

I would have been in but it started yesterday. No point now.

7 Likes

Yeah I was inspired after seeing your run yesterday and will tentatively give it a go.

I guess it’s fine until week three when it becomes a true slog. Split runs will help - it’ll be awful from Monday the 22nd onwards

I enjoyed seeing @explorerJC advent run but that looked bad enough!

8 Likes

Seriously though, I ran once in December and the was NYE. Just need to get back to regular running for a few months and then will give something like this a go, June might be a good time for it.

5 Likes

the advent challenge was interesting…but logistically became a bit of a drag and, to be fair, a couple of the longer runs were tedious and a little soul destroying, doing nothing for my form or fitness…on the other hand, it was good for self discipline and got me out after months of lethargy…

Not sure i would rush to do it again…

12 Likes

Well I did 29km yesterday. Maybe the way to go is do them in reverse :rofl:

10 Likes

Funnily enough you can!

On Sean’s site he also has a lottery version, drawing distances out of a hat and a pyramid version too

9 Likes

This :point_up_2:t2:
:white_check_mark::+1:t3:

5 Likes

Very good. Although I prefer the GCN target of at least 30min exercise every day as a less extreme challenge.

6 Likes

wowsers, that must sting in the last week :scream:

edit to say, I’m definitely not in, but am not exactly out yet either as ran >1km yesterday and plan to run >2 today too…

8 Likes

Enjoying the early days :grin:

Driving back down south tomorrow so will set the alarm and get it done early

11 Likes

Is it an iced lolly? :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, erm … I’ve got two days in Coventry this month, which is a 0613 train and I don’t get back until 1949, so that’ll be interesting.

Calling all of my @APM reserves for that :joy:

4 Likes

2-3 hour running days back to back for the last few days is going to take some logistics :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

That’s one of my resolutions - be more @APM and get the fuck out of bed

10 Likes

if towards the end of the month, the obvious solution might be to run there :smiley:

7 Likes