The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

I gave all mine away and loads of Crash mag etc about 13 years ago :roll_eyes:

There’s a C64 in one of the local second hand shops with the cassette player for £130, not sure it’s boxed though :thinking:

Even if you could get an adapter to connect to a monitor, I suspect most people wouldn’t have a cassette player to load the games up with.

1 Like

I might be able to hook it up to the one that was in the Audi :thinking:

1 Like

My dad’s still got mine in the loft.
Spectrum 48k with programmable joystick interface and tape recorder all set into foam in a briefcase.
I remember getting the interface because there were a variety and each one only worked with certain games. The programmable one seemed the perfect solution but what a royal pain in the ass it was, you had to press the relevant button and make the equivalent move of the joystick for every single command including diagonals, one slip and start all over again.

3 Likes

I think my Spectrum 48k is still in the original box in a cupboard at my parents’ house. From memory, the black paint had started to peal off one corner of the keyboard, so not quite mint condition.

I must have the original tapes of Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Daley Thompson’s Decathlon and Way of the Exploding Fist somewhere too. I think most of the other games I played were probably tape to tape copies shared by my mates.

2 Likes

What was that fighting game where you worked through levels of thugs/dogs until you fought the ‘Big Boss’ (who I think was armed with chains?). Really low quality, you moved left > along the screen.

Was that double dragon? Loved that, you could play as a team in 2 player mode?

Poor @gingerbongo probably needs to read all about this stuff :joy:

4 Likes

I had an Amstrad 464 as my first one. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Sega Mega drive for me :rofl:

Amstrad CPC464 for me too!

2 Likes

Amstrad CPC464 too…with cheapo green monitor.

1 Like

Also had a CPC464.

And……
IT’S CURRY NIGHT!!!

2 Likes

And…
Beer, music, stove, shit food, the dream

1 Like

Live music, love it :heart_eyes:

Pigeon Detectives, Middlesbrough Empire :grin:

12 Likes

Spreader! :rofl:

BLOODY HELL!!!
It looks exactly the same as when I used to go in the late 90s.

Does the sweat still drip down the walls on the back stairs?

1 Like

Probably the same sticky carpet :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t wander round there but it was hot!

I think they bought the carpet off the claggy mat in Yarm :joy:

1 Like