The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

So…after quitting Tri in 2013, I ballooned from a 30” waist to a 36” (up from 160lbs to 200lb) :rofl:

I’m back at 175lbs now :confetti_ball::tada:

Just sorting my wardrobe out and found these, which I’ve just fit into, without a struggle, I thought my 32” jeans were getting looser :confetti_ball::tada::clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

It’s like your zwift wardrobe :grimacing:

4 Likes

Ha ha ha - nearly real life wardrobe now.
I’m totally out of Zwift now.

Having a decent working turbo makes it SO MUCH better.

My turbo is f00ked and I can think of better things to drop £800 on.

Finding out the clocks go forward this weekend here, while I’m on nights :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :sunglasses: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Go back?

1 Like

Hah hah Chris, you’ve reminded me of the time, many years ago when I put my clock forward, and the clocks went back. Result = turned up at work at 0400 instead of 0600… I thought the Cheshire roads were quiet!

6 Likes

He’s in Oz!!

:rofl:

1 Like

Just wait until you find out that NSW does it a week later than Vic, who do it later than SA, WA doesn’t do it for another month and QLD want to scrap it because it ‘confuses the cows’ and ‘fades the curtains’. I shit you not)

Plus you’re already 30 mins out of step with everyone else. :laughing:

3 Likes

Shame they were open

But here’s the unicorn gates @fruit_thief @TriCurious

6 Likes

That’s more understated than I imagined. Tasteful even

1 Like

You should change the unicorns for a pair of those back to back Kappa signs. :wink:

3 Likes

Security will be on me immediately!
But that’d be epic :rofl:

Security; is it a gated community? (that always sounds like they are being kept in!)

There are two “private” roads and one public road, but most houses in that area are protected by Stopfordian and the guard is usually parked up somewhere, in his branded Fiesta.

Those three streets make up Hawthorn Park, and is the dream area :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/84888844

1 Like

Yeah noticed that before we moved, realise now (especially with covid I think it’s becoming more so) that Aus is very decentralised, separate states half-pretending to be one joined country, mostly just when it comes to sports :wink:

I’ve said on here before, Australia isn’t a country, it’s a huge lump of land with disparate cities loosely aligned to states.

On the plus side for you, if I had to name a national sport, it’s probably swimming!

2 Likes

Who was mocking me about studying?

@jorgan :wave:

Just passed my exam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

925/1000 :tada::confetti_ball::clinking_glasses:

15 Likes

WTF happened to the other 75?

(I jest, congratulations I think that’s better than I’ve ever done in an exam. But I felt someone had to say it)

2 Likes

Bloody graded and scaled exams, weighting applied etc etc. Unscored questions, too.

I scored 1000/1000 on a beta version I was invited to take part in…

…they’d left the “lab” part accessible for the multiple choice / insert word here parts.
So you could flick back to the lab and test the code to check your answers :rofl:

I fed this back in the comments and the Learning Director contacted me directly letting me know my score would stand, congratulated me, then said they were splitting the exam into multiple choice first, then lab last :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Unless there’s some form of merit/reward for achieving over and above the pass mark i.e. someone actually sees the result as opposed to just ‘Thomas now holds a level 4 certificate in F&B paint chart matching’ the I’d say its an inefficient use of time and resource.

That was my tactic through further study! :joy:

12 Likes