The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

Mr 51%, that’s me :grin:

Mrs FP, not so much. High Distinction or death in Korea. (literally sometimes! :disappointed: )

4 Likes

Much like that redundancy :see_no_evil::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

High scores = Colleague esteem (it’s quite competitive!)

2 Likes

:joy: Yes, that’s what you get when you’re juggling trying to be a sarcastic prick online whilst making your harissa roast potatoes with a tahini & soy sauce (me = nobhead).

:joy:

6 Likes

Think of it like a 10km.

Nobody really cares if you run a 60 minute one, or a 30 minute one.

You’ve still passed it.

The only person who cares is yourself really :+1:t3:

Right, time for a beer

3 Likes

Interesting thing on radio this morning that says if you can’t fit into clothes that you wore at 20 then you’re at a higher risk of type 2 diabetes

2 Likes

What if you were fatter at 20 than you are now? (not me :laughing:)

1 Like

More worrying would be if someone could fit into clothes they wore aged 20, and actually chose to wear them. Double denim or raver chic aged 48 anybody? You’d be at high risk of crimes against fashion, Except maybe TC who gets a special pass.

That said, your post has made me recall fondly the best pair of trousers I ever owned. They were a blue pair of Tinleys- the apparel range launched by Californian pro & surf dude lookalike Scott Tinley. LOUD white and grey pattern. Nothing screamed TRIAFLEET in 1992 like wearing a pair of those around campus 24/7. And so comfy. They fell apart through overuse, but I’d certainly still be wearing them otherwise.

9 Likes

Or you could just move to Essex!

2 Likes

See ‘Superdry’ for that look.

3 Likes

It’s a popular look at Clark’s Village in Somt. :laughing:

3 Likes

Free food!

7 Likes

We picked some blackberries, those and hazelnuts are about my limit!

1 Like

oohh nice. I’ve always been too nervous with mushrooms.

1 Like

Chanterelles, morels and field mushrooms are the only three edible ones I feel 100% confident with. The orange ones above are chanterelles and are almost unmistakable once you learn their traits.

There’s a few other semi edible ones that aren’t worth the effort. Like this one I spotted on the edge of the village, Meripilus giganteus:

Sorta edible says the internet, but then so’s cardboard! Shame as it is huge.

Still looking for Psilocybes locally but without success. Tips welcomed :wink:

3 Likes

Yikes you’re/your a brave man :mushroom:

1 Like

For the last couple of years I’ve been wanting to do a foraging course with my wife but circumstances haven’t allowed. I must look into it again.

3 Likes

Now’s a good time as it’s peak fungi season. Seems like a good year for it too. I’m getting sick of chanterelle risotto! Great if they can teach you to identify ceps, they’re sought after and I never feel 100% confident with them. I may look into a course myself…

2 Likes

Yeah snap. Something we always talk about.

2 Likes

What a fantastic article. Really beautifully written. It’s quite a long read.

ooh, will have a read when I’m at Mum’s. Just about to leave.

I know it’s not the same, but LO and I were watching the Red Bull Cliff Diving yesterday. I quite like watching these subsets of others sports.