The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

Randomly a neighbour just popped round and gave us a freshly baked loaf of bread, straight out the oven.

Instead of gearing up to go on the turbo in a very hot shed, I’m fixed at the chopping board demolishing this delicious bread! :joy:

15 Likes

Ere ere @joex, we can all learn from that post.

6 Likes

Met Peter a few times in Lanzarote. Very nice down to Earth bloke.

1 Like

Seems Police may finally be cracking down on close passes. This one is near Ullapool. Convicted of careless driving, 9 points and £400 fine

18 Likes

I need to check my cam from today. Had three which I wasn’t happy with buy not sure it was recording at the time.

Busted for the close pass, crossing the double white line or just a combo of shit driving?

The press release just mentions the close pass but you’d think the white line violation and causing oncoming to brake would have factored in the 9 points. But nice that the headline statement is the close pass and a call to give cyclists the same space as cars though :+1:

3 Likes

Good day at work, surprise message from my wife that she passed the Life In the UK test, let the team go early to enjoy the sunshine and cleaned the pool for my daughters to splash around in.

:wine_glass: Chin chin!

14 Likes

My dog the fearless predator stalking a bluebottle.

10 Likes

7 Likes

:joy: :clap:t4:

1 Like

Being on a South Eastern Train, supeman socks, or white trainers?

2 Likes

I’m getting a shower installed today! :heart_eyes:

Over 5 weeks of bucket and hose washing has really lost it’s novelty. Especially in the days when it’s not warm.

9 Likes

It’s just so much to love isnt it?

:laughing:

And:

4 Likes

Best Fathers Day card EVER EVER :heart_eyes:

A handmade one with a border of words, stuff like;

Strava King
Direction Danny (always giving directions!)
Rally car king (‘cos of my country road driving style - “what? I’m channeling the spirit of Colin McRae :joy:)
Plus the more normal stuff like - kind, helpful and all that jazz.

Then two amazing puns :heart_eyes:

“Have a wheelie great day” on the front

“Make sure it’s ‘turbo’ charged” on the inside (unsure if that was related to Zwift, or my fruitless search for a decent new motor :roll_eyes:)

13 Likes

Out on a dog walk I realised I’d lost my phone so started retracing my steps. About a kilometre down the line I found it on a busy path used by school kids, ramblers and dog walkers. How lucky is that, in the time it took me to cover two kilometres it was still sat there and hadn’t been found. Lucky me.

13 Likes

Or you’ve got a crap phone that no one wanted to pick up​:roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, quite possibly. A Sony something or another. It’s the 1.0 of smart phones. :joy:

3 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this, so here seems appropriate.

I appreciate most of you take racing seriously so it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but this just makes me grin like a loon. Brilliant :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Nice run in the morning sun today :sunglasses:

About 20c I’d say, I think even fruity would enjoy it!

2 Likes