The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

I love stories like that. I had a running friend who needed community help for his wedding to go ahead.

8 Likes

El Niño went to athletics club for first session, B&B Harriers where Dina Asher-Smith trained; loved it. Yet more taxiing and think cycling is on back burner now (cant do everything). Much less expensive as well :rofl:
Half hour warm up and drills into 2 ( 4x200) with 30sec rest and a good 8minutes between each 800. One of the 13/4 year olds ran a 2.07 800 at the weekend :astonished: seriously quick.

9 Likes

We had the email last night that LO has a place at Winchester Athletic Club, starts in Sept for I think 90mins, Tues evenings.

9 Likes

@Jgav this picture literally brought a tear to my eye and made me get quite sentimental. It was always a real treat for my father to have a day at Lords. Cricket was his passion and in his day he was one of Sri Lanka’s top cricketers. :blush:

13 Likes

C’mon Anna, there has to more to this story!..

My Dad was a huge cricket fan, never played as far as I know but went to watch a lot of games, mostly Somt playing at Taunton. One of the largest photos in Mum’s house is one Dad took of Viv Richards at Taunton :smile:

4 Likes

Not really, he grew up in Colombo and played cricket all the time. He was an excellent left handed batsman and when international teams visited Sri Lanka he would play. But test cricket didn’t exist back then in Ceylon and neither did professional sport. My cousin was the opening batsman for Sussex and Lancashire in the 70s and 90s though, so at least he got to make a living from cricket!! My father coached cricket for London schools for many years Michael Carberry, Billy Godleman and Rory Hamilton-Brown were amongst his protégés. :blush:

14 Likes

LO’s Korean language and cultural study group was paid a visit by the Korean Embassy and they made a donation. Shared out amongst each kid worked out to £50 to spend on anything educational.

Bought her a desk light and the Yr4 school backpack that she’ll need next year. :grin:

10 Likes

Not sure where he gets his running genes, Trinity Triathlon , still one of the best junior races about even after 2 years off.

14 Likes

Just arrived at Lanza…… guess what?.. it’s hot and windy……. :joy:

Beer is cold though, so we’re all good!

18 Likes

:heart_eyes:

My son got to get in the police van, try on uniform, riot helmets etc. Great fun.

14 Likes

I love July for watching sport. TdF, Wimbledon, British GP, England vs India test.

7 Likes

I love July for watching sport. TdF.

:grinning:

6 Likes

My summer goes Le Mans 24 hr (two weekends ago), Glastonbury (this weekend) and Le Tour.

But I haven’t had time to watch hardly any telly. Hopefully I can get some cycling in.

4 Likes

Which one is he?

3 Likes

Bacon sandwich with black pudding on the side, courtesy of having ingredients leftover from breakfast for dinner the other night.

9 Likes

you needed a poached duck egg with that

1 Like

TdF time, so time for me to spend 6 quid a week entering the ITV giveaway to win fuck all for the 10th year running. Love it.

8 Likes

Oh, didnt get the enter again for another 2 quid to get 3 entries. Even less chance of winning this year.

3 Likes

My daughter is having a birthday sleep over in the lounge, luckily though I have a TV in my office.

7 Likes

Has Bjorn Borg made a comeback?

2 Likes