The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

Things are looking up :hippopotamus:

But maybe not my chances of sub 5 :grimacing:

13 Likes

You knows it!

3 Likes

I’m off to Torridon and Poolewe for the next couple of weeks… love that part of the world. I find Skye a bit busy unless you stay north of Portree or somewhere remote like Elgol. I love the west coast. And no airports, no COVID passes, no car rental cons. Just drive over and enjoy.

10 Likes

Just been voted “Top Places to Visit” by Time magazine / so good luck with that :joy:

A colleague is doing part of the NC500 and says it’s crazy busy. Next to no room to pass, people not allowing passing etc etc. :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

We get that down here. City grockles come down with their expensive cars that apparently don’t have the ability to pull over to the left near the hedgerow and are completely clueless on driving in real countryside.

Passing places are not lay-bys for you to get ‘the gram’ shot.

5 Likes

Flash mob of about 30 swifts going ape shit around here at the moment, great entertainment

8 Likes

My favourite sound of summer - sadly not as many as there used to be

1 Like

It’s actually quieter this year. We haven’t had the influx we had 2020/2021. I guess because of fuel prices but who knows.

2 Likes

Our neighbour put up a swift box right outside our bedroom window that played the Swift screech really loudly to attract them to nest. It went from 6am untill 11pm without a break. On day two I knocked on the door and asked them to stop it, they declined. After putting my persuasive argument forward they have stopped playing it thankful as it’s really annoying.

The stupid thing is we have no Swift’s to attract. Since the farm at the end of the road changed its use from hay to cows the Swifts stopped visiting.

1 Like

Not sure I know what a swift sounds like but I’ll take it over the cackling magpies and cooing pigeons (city type flying rats) we get incessantly.

We have two pigeons who seem to live on out fence. Always shagging as well. At least someone in my house is getting some action

5 Likes

There’s about 20 of them bombing around the square in my village. They’re turning so hard and so low you can hear their wings ripping at the air. Screechy but I love them.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Here it is…

6am - 11pm. Non stop. It’s like running your nails down a chalk board.

1 Like

Every now and then Ostrich Marketing do come good, this morning’s first job “can you check that the protrouding nipples have been retouched out properly” fortunately it’s women not men I’m having to check. Tough gig.

14 Likes

Happy Yorkshire Day. Bastards.

6 Likes

I’ve not heard of this place, nobody ever mentions it :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You can tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell ‘im much :joy:

The North.
One of best holidays @wheezy has ever had.
#Fact

4 Likes

Aren’t you a day late for that, or is Yorkshire so F#cking brilliant that Torkshire Day lasts for 2 days? :roll_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

Like the Scottish but without the generosity, a former Yorkshire work colleague told me.

7 Likes