The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

And what’s that brown piece of leather on the plate?

1 Like

The face of my enemy.

1 Like

Out of office on.
Laptops closed.
Hot sunny bike ride.

Holiday has begun :sunglasses:

18 Likes

Barbie time.

Yes Im being fire safe. I have two big buckets of water, dry power fire extinguisher, the hose pipe. Its no where near grass, and the fire is contained in a huge metal box with heatshields.

17 Likes

I’m on annual leave! Fuck working!

…Is my OOO. :sunny::man_biking::sunglasses:

14 Likes

Turns out I have pretty cool neighbours. The cider “farm” everyone is talking about belongs to a neighbour. And is worth a little bike ride diversion to visit.

Cycling home drunk afterwards is always entertaining - thankfully it was on the TPT rather than the road :joy:

21 Likes

Sweet!

I cycled home drunk once on the Milton Keynes redways (segregated cycle paths). Came to a sudden realisation I wasnt on the path anymore but cycling through a bush.

12 Likes

Food is nearly ready. Wait for my daughter to complain its burnt.

Then I go full Gordon Ramsay. “Its not burnt, its caramelised you donkey”

5 Likes

I may have a slightly tingling arm from a little distracted wander into brambles. All fine though :wink:

2 Likes

yes!..… got a fortnight off to fit a new kitchen, and plasterer can’t now come until right near the end, so I’ll get to sit on my arse for 10 days or so, and do sweet FA. :grin:

8 Likes

Mate of mine cycled home drunk once.

Cycled into a car.

A parked car.

…A parked police car.

With policemen in it.

:man_facepalming:t2::oncoming_police_car:

12 Likes

Two of my mates in Oz were coming home from a night out on one motorbike and the rider was pulled over by a cop.

Cop asks I’d rider has been drinking and he’s says ‘no’, then asks the pillion if he’d been drinking and the pillion ‘yep, shit loads’ them promptly fell off the back of the bike on the ground. :rofl:

I know this because I was the poor sap that called by the cops to pick him and they wouldn’t let my mate ride away until pissy boy had been collected. :smile:

6 Likes

I lived in MK aged 14-18 (plus 18-21 if you count while at Uni)

The number of times I have cycled while tiddled along redways I cannot count

8 Likes

I’ve bumped into him a couple of times on his round, absolutely amazing achievement. You’d never guess his age if you didn’t know. I wanted to join in on the final one but sadly the stars didn’t align. Alzheimer’s is a real b*stard.

BBC News - Climber, 82, completes 282 mountain challenge

6 Likes

Had coffee and breakfast on the balcony this morning. Went for a paddle board with family, came back, lunch.

They’ve gone to the pool and I’m led on the sofa watching a film with a cold drink and the sea breeze coming in. I’m so relaxed I’m not sure how to cope. :smile:

10 Likes

I’ve doubled down on Sunday. Today I’ve been to the indoor pool with LO ( has to be at least 100trs from the holiday flat!) sat around, watched some movies, ate some food ( too much)

Had nothing to do and all day to do it! Back in active mode tomorrow.

6 Likes

So…we had Hello Fresh for a while, whilst it was 70-30% off (getting more expensive each week)
Got loads of recipe cards we kept, but a lot we binned.

Some of the recipes we liked had “exotic” herb/spice mixes that aren’t sold in places round here. But…a quick Google showed me how to make them :+1:t3: (But left the kitchen smelling like an armpit for a week afterwards)

ANYHOW a Facebook friend posted the actual supplier :partying_face::confetti_ball:

My days - there’s SO MANY thing I’ve never heard of :exploding_head:

https://www.seasonedpioneers.com/seasoning-type/spice-blends-worldwide/

9 Likes

You already reference things that are 50 degrees of separation from where I’m at :rofl:

I have eaten guinea pig and drank beer made from spit though, so you know, kulcher innit :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t need this in my life. My spice cupboard is already too small and haplessly disorganised. I love buying spices!

1 Like