The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

I filled my right shoe up with the one and only on bike wee I’ve done.

Said shoe stank. I emptied a whole pot of bi carb in it and left it in the shed for 6 months!

Yeah, I use the right leg too :smile:

When fx rates go the right way!
Chose to avail myself of the payment plan for IM now they let you do it at the tier rate you get in at.
Initial payment at 1.08 EUR:GBP
Second payment at 1:17 EUR:GBP

Actually saved me over £13 on that payment alone.
The laughable part is how much this satisfies me, despite the irrelevance in the overall cost of the event!

4 Likes

It hasn’t been that high since 2017!!!
That Goyard tote bag just got cheaper :slight_smile:

My 650b road bike, so comfy on the commute :slightly_smiling_face:

Deliberately putting your cranks on at 90 degrees and watching people try and work out what’s not right about it. Hell of a dead spot.

Like the Royal Navy advert, if you can fix a bike etc, etc… :rofl:

1 Like

One of my bikes came back from a service once with the cranks at 12 o’clock and 5 o’clock. I didn’t notice it when I was in the shop and it took a little while to work out why it felt so wrong when I took it out for the first ride :thinking:

1 Like

First gravel ride ever and it was like I rediscovered my joy of bike riding!

Currently shopping. N+1

7 Likes

Okay…so, I hate the term “gravel” riding and all the “adventure” bollocks that goes with it…

…but I went and rode some local cobbles and brick tracks on my winter roadie on 25mm tyres last week. I enjoyed it.

Since then, I’ve been looking at Ti gravel bikes with phat tan wall tyres and rack mounts :see_no_evil:
I actually hate myself a little bit :face_with_hand_over_mouth::triumph:

I love a new bike day :+1: Unfortunately it’s not for me :-1:

2 Likes

Ditto. (But its not a Boardman.)

What are you talking about? Are you married to a footballer, or a real housewife?

It’s incredibly satisfying to exceed the stated ‘limitation’ of your bike. These days there are so many niches (like cars) but modern road bikes have enough clearance that you can slap 32mm mixed terrain tyres on them and head off road when it’s dry. It feels pretty heroic tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking about this. I have a Focus Paralane at Mum’s house with 28mm road tyres on it. I’m pretty sure it could be turned into a much more rugged beast than it currently is.

On a Bridleway segment on the way to work, I’m currently faster on my Canyon with 32mm Strada USH on it, than the Frankenbike on 2.1" Thunder Burts & front suspension.

For clarity, it was dry on the road bike, and muddy on the ‘ATB’ but you get the gist. I’m not sure the ATB will be faster in the dry tbh. What the fatter tyred & suspension bikes do though, it take the sting out of the ground and reduce fatigue.

Ribble state that my Tyre clearance is up to 28c (25c with mudguards)
and there is no way I am taking off those bad boys and farting around getting them squeak free again!

We love that show.

Depends on the bike obvs. But if it’s dry, you don’t need much clearance (for mud). Limiting factor tends to be chainstay clearance.

You’re married to a Real Housewife? :laughing:

aha - we seem to be missing a “Boast about your recent purchases here” thread on Tritalk 2.0???

What’s in the box?