7 Likes

It’s a 2 beer night

Happy BH w/e everyone

11 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 20.06.48

4 Likes

The dreaded two pint hangover.

3 Likes

Kind of settled on 2 being my limit over recent years, it delivers that pleasant buzz and a litre of malty refreshment, without any noticeable regret the next morning.

Actually 1 is often enough، especially on a school day.

Three: now 3 is an interesting number, will come back to it in a moment.

4 or more: always a disaster. Can’t think of a time I have had 4 or more beers and not woken up the next morning feeling like the inside of Gnasher’s colon.

Which brings me back to 3. The problem with 3, is that although sometimes you can have 3 and feel ok the next day, on other occasions 3 somehow inexorably leads to 4, and 4 leads to 5, and before you know it you’re playing pool at four in the morning in the all night pub in Blandford with 2 Fijian sailors on shore leave while singing along to Billy Joel, and then the rest of the night gets scrubbed from your memory for all time, at least until your credit card bill comes in at the end of the month and you realise you spent £300 at the Raaj Puut which maybe explains the Gnasher thing.

That’s why 2s my limit :beers:

Cheers :beers:

13 Likes

Kiwi pale ale “Mihi”

Yeah the cap and short shorts got some looks in Morrisons as I shopped for salami. From ladies thankfully.

6 Likes

Not a bad alternative to watching Paris Roubaix, not overly surprised to find that the pubs of North Warwickshire aren’t showing the race

7 Likes

Neck Oil goes down nicely

10 Likes

Got a beer to describe my mood with this :rofl:

(Walls aren’t the final finish, so ignore the plasterwork!)

4 Likes

School Boy Error
Had the first BBQ of the year yesterday, for just myself and my wife. :sunglasses:

I thought I’d been good by picking up some alcohol-free options.

Although the weather wasn’t quite hot enough and I should have added ice…

But I started with the Kopparberg and it was too sweet for me.
(Especially when compared to the Thatcher’s Zero, which is much crisper.)

Anyway, the good news is I didn’t have the second bottle I’d bought and switched to the Heineken.

The bad news came when I looked at the Kopparberg bottle while doing the recycling…

9.2g of sugar per 100ml = 46g per 500ml bottle. :astonished:

FORTY SIX GRAMS OF SUGAR FFS!

That is more that a one litre bottle of Lucozade!

But that does explain why I had to go to bed early with a splitting head ache.
(And why I didn’t feel much better when I woke up this morning.)

Last time I properly looked at a 0% label was on the Bud Zero.

These have 0.3g of sugar per 330ml can & I foolishly just assumed other 0% were similar. :roll_eyes:

I now know that Heineken is 4.3g per 330ml can & Thatchers Zero is 26.5g per 500ml bottle!
(Thatchers have nothing on the label, but I looked it up on line this morning.)

Lesson learned.

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hangover cure: check the labels of any Easter eggs you may have. That bottle of zero will make you feel like Mother Theresa :grinning:

4 Likes

Normally get them for 19p each, so feeling a bit cheated at 50p…got 25cans though, so it’s not all bad.

The missus just took a giant swig of the Rapscallion thinking it was orangeade, which made me chuckle.

8 Likes

Only bought it for the can! :slight_smile: Wasn’t too bad

6 Likes

Shame I started with the Urban Fog. It’s so good that after it, Hazy Jane was a bit bland.

6 Likes

Poet has recommended that before - still never seen it in my local Tescoes!

1 Like

Sainsburys usually has it. Was going cheap last week but refrained as it is BrewDog and bought Vocation instead

2 Likes

Jury’s out.

4 Likes

:muscle:

2 Likes

An actual bud light?

Dangerously close to fruithiefs standards there!

6 Likes