The over 50's

Happy birthday.

Time for some AG power ups!

2 Likes

Happy birthday, epic way to start!

Call it an early start for Lanza 2023 training :grin:

6 Likes

Happybirthday

You will get slower, but so does everyone else.

The trickis to slow down the slowest.

Have a beer or two.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Grey Whiskers.

4 Likes

Happy birthday. It’s only your 50th, no need to make a SAGA out of it. :grin:

6 Likes

Happy birthday @Whisk :partying_face:

2 Likes

Happy birthday @Whisk :birthday:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @Whisk

Happy birthday

1 Like

:tada:

1 Like

Happy birthday! Retirement and blissful obligation free days beckons… in a few years yet :grin:

1 Like

Funnily enough, the bright side of getting older is that I’m getting closer to retirement :grinning:

I’m aiming to give up work when I hit 55. That still sounds like a way off, but when I first did the mental calculations and worked out that I’d be able to afford to retire at 55 it was 10 years away, so time flies :rofl:

12 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping for a reorg and a big redundancy payout when I’m 50 coinciding with a record breaking bull market. One can dream.

6 Likes

It’ll probably go quicker than you think. 2 years ago I was still (just about) in my 40’s and now I’m practically 52, I’m not sure if it is despite or even because of Covid that the last 2 years almost seem to be a blur! Before you know it you’ll be doing Lanzarote 2023 and you’ll be 51 at the same time :joy:

However, I have noticed a slight error in my retirement calculations :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn’t change much, if I was to go at 55 I’d have either had to accept a slightly reduced lifestyle, albiet still a reasonable living. 55 was always more likely to be partial retirement as others have done, or at least an increasingly bright light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We are on the same path.

1 Like

@Whisk belated happy birthday chap. It’s a fine group you’ve joined :grin:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Whisk :birthday:

1 Like

Anyone have experience of sciatica (mild) and how to manage/get rid

Working on my core, standing desk at work and some yoga.

Any other thoughts appreciated

1 Like

I spent ages trying to fix it, mine was also mild, things that helped…

1. Pigeon Pose in the old Yogas
  2. Core-core-core
  3. Finally finding out that it was caused by a herniated disc, and getting an epidural that settled the inflamation, then doing 1) and 2) loads to keep on top of it… this was probably unnecessary with hind-sight and carrying on with 1 and 2 would have got there in the end.
5 Likes

Not mild, very severe but started mild. In the end took six operations ver 2.5yrs and 9mths of learning to walk again.

Probably not helpful. :wink:

I hope you get it sorted :+1:

5 Likes

Had it in 2010 - 11.

Worst year of my life, story is far too long for an email.

Basically I went for the op after waiting 5-6 months and the surgeon told me not to have it.
It was hands down the best thing I never did.

I learnt lots about it PM me if you can.

4 Likes