The Pain Cave & Shed Awards

Jorgan. He looks up to me.

Because I’m 6’5".

3 Likes

Well I bought this for the pain cave, however it now is taking pride of place in my living room and cools the whole downstairs.

1 Like

Migrating from DIY to Pain Cave. I still have to put the TT back in, decide the final resting place for some things and get rid of the fridge but I’m finally starting to see the fruits of what I had in mind when we moved in!

9 Likes

Very tidy in there. Where is all your crap?

3 Likes

A judicious mix of throwing stuff out and cavernous cabinets!

Can I get some suggestions for my pain cave roof/ceiling?

I have old doors balanced on the timbers carrying Chrisrmas stuff, and loft boards on the otherside carrying empty luggage. In the middle the light hangs from the apex of the roof.

I quite like the bare timbers and tiles, but it would be good if the paincave wasnt sub zero in winter…

Celotex does a product specifically for rafters, can’t seem to find the video on it now. If I was using the loft regularly, I’d want walking boards all over.

first off, I’d get the roof insulated as you’ll be losing a fair bit of heat through there at the mo, even if you do like the look of the exposed tiles. something you should be able to do yourself using Celotex or similar, although you might need to put a breathable membrane in first and then close board over the insulation.

1 Like

Is that picture oriented correctly? I’m not sure if that picture has turned 180° :wink:

I assumed Joe lives on a massive wooden ship. :grin:

6 Likes

there’s this:

1 Like

Arrr, me hearties.

I dont know why, but apparently apropo of nothing my photo uploads are always rotated

Does insulation also reduce heat in the summer by blocking it or does it merely upgrade me from Oven to Furnace?

1 Like

probably does both - keeps out the radiant heat from the sun, but keeps in any built up. it’s a question of what you prefer - a freezing cold winter dungeon, or a warm summer space (when you can be outside exercising!).

My entry, just finished

20 Likes

NOICE :heart_eyes:

You aiming on doing a bit of jazz sax whilst on the turbo? :wink:

Nice palm trees! Are you in the South of France?
:wink:

1 Like

137e2054f9ee0c45e68bd473435dbc5e

10 Likes

Has anybody ever tried using Zwift with a projector?

Moving home in a couple of weeks, and probably time to start actually training. First time living in a proper grown up home that is not a small apartment, so looking at potential options. Will be very nice not to have to pack/unpack a bike every time (which is part of the reason I basically stop riding indoors when im not training)

Also, Apple TV, and better/worse versus using a laptop? I was previously using my work laptop every time and connecting that to a TV via HDMI. Put a permanent solution means it might be time to look for an alternative

1 Like