The post event positivity thread

:+1:

Could help out with this.

Nice lunch walk, gonna hit the trainer later

5 Likes

8 Likes

Oi you!

Get back to work saving lives, get some sleep, eat, repeat :wink:

Nice touch. But so far the real heroes have definitely been the shop workers/warehouse/logistics etc! NHS’ turn is probably coming next week/fortnight though.

8 Likes

Yep, from what my wife came back saying today I agree. Get covid now before you have a gynaecologist intubating you when it all gets manic! :joy:

Bit of a mixed bag yesterday but as this is the positivity thread…I’m in work until August at least :smiley:

8 Likes

To use some of this stone…

Progress so far…

2 Likes

Are you making a little shrine to Joe as well? :smile:

2 Likes

PE with Joe Wicks every morning this week with the missus and youngest daughter.
All the Ad revenue from his YouTube channels 10 million streams in that 5 days is being donated to the NHS, along with all subsequent revenues while we’re all isolated.
He’s not gunna be too popular around these parts but I know a few people, myself included who’ve used his books and HiiT sessions to get into shape.
Top Bloke. :+1:

1 Like

Which one? Obvs not the naughty one :wink:

I meant Wicks, is he the naughty one?

4 Likes

No, Skipper is the one in the doghouse. Did you miss that in your self isolating from the COVID thread and all other social media? :upside_down_face:

well, the obvious answer would be yes. Why would I visit a thread I said I wasn’t interested in?

1 Like

Over 100 bulbs, tubers and seedlings planted this week.

Looking fwd to summer!

2 Likes

Joe Skip did 9 hour ride around Norfolk with someone else few days ago, boasting on Strava. Got some negative comments but still feels he was in the right, not breaking any rules or against the lockdown spirit.
Just updating, didn’t want to drag tone of thread down sorry!

wow, that’s pretty bad. Thanks.

@Jorgan - Good luck with the stone wall.

Last April, I went on a one-day dry stone walling course and really enjoyed it.

Note – If it helps, I’ve got a stone wall building DVD you can borrow, although there is also a lot on YouTube.

On the things I’d like to do on the other side:

• A nice family holiday (now my work has been secured for 2020 :sunglasses: )
  • A visit to Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey)
  • A trip on the Flying Scotsman
  • Take in more of the exhibitions that happen in London

On this last point, I never got around to seeing the Terracotta Army when they ‘came to town’ and also missed big exhibitions of Monet and Matisse too.

However, before the virus shut it down, I did manage to get to see the Tutankhamun exhibition in January. :sunglasses:

Finally, a new job which involved a LOT of travel set back the progress I had made in 2019 to regain my fitness.

I’m now WFH and will use the lack of train travel (varying from 2 to 4 to 6 hours!) to kick start my training again.
(2 x Turbo + 1 x run in the last 4 days. :sunglasses:)

Take care, Paul. :slight_smile:

10 Likes