The post event positivity thread

@fatbuddha I’m hoping to be an LTO for Triathlon Scotland so I’ll be travelling quite a bit to cover events. I realised after racking up at events I would be helping out others prior to my heats so I might as well be official help as there is a shortage of officials.
It’s a long path of progression but I would like to get to RTO one day.

@leahnp ah - Scotlandshire - the other end of the country to me in the South East. you’ve got a good team of experienced TOs up there - I’ve been on the NTO and CTO courses with 2 of them (Lynne and Drew) and know quite a few of the others. yes, it’s a long progression path but if you have the aptitude and attitude, then the opportunities are there to move up.

Yeah dunno. It was brought up last week though!!

I always thought about being a TO, mainly because I’m a cyclist, triathlete and motorcyclist, so probably would be useful.

1 Like

Petts Wood?

:+1:

1 Like

The run around Hawkwood Estate is nice as well.

1 Like

We had a week down in Tregardock after we got married a couple of years ago and visited here for a pint on a walk. Lovely spot! To be honest the whole thing was great.

1 Like

Yep, rugged North Cornish coastline. I’d love to retire there

1 Like

Talking of which…Hawkwood into Scadbury :smiley:

7 Likes

FRICKING NICE :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

One of the YT channels I like to watch is ‘Run4Adventure’ by Lloyd Purvis. He films so many cool looking races around Cornwall that when this is over, I’m definitely putting a few of those on my list. Great area for a family getaway.

I went Scadbury last week. Love running through there but it was a bit overrun with kids so have avoided it since. still thick mud in parts also

2 Likes

A lot drier now and much fewer people, although not empty it wasn’t a problem and everyone giving each other ample social distance to pass.

1 Like

More a during event positivity.

But just had an ace catchup with 5 of my mates. We only ever properly get together about once a year, despite all living local, now we have kids and jobs etc. Been meaning to get something in the diary for ages. One of the boys recommended a Facebook messenger chat tonight.

The technology worked really well. Better than my work teams meetings! And I really needed that friends’ stupidity. I love my family very much, but i’m a social creature and still need my time with my mates, being childish and silly. That’s sent me to bed with a smile on my face!

4 Likes

I’ve been using Houseparty over the last couple of days. Really easy to setup and use.

Chatted to loads of people I haven’t spoken to in a little while!

1 Like

I had to delete Houseparty - stupid app. Really not for me!

I’m more than happy with WhatsApp video calling and Zoom for larger gatherings.

1 Like

The one thing that pisses me off about it is anyone on your friends list jumping in on your calls.

Keep it positive.

1 Like

Sorry dude, my bad :v:t2: