The Time Trial Thread

…and the packs :roll_eyes:

I vaguely recall when I missed a start once I still got my correct time, e.g. they adjusted it, but I might be wrong.

The start line was about 2 miles from HQ that she might have cycled so if she had to get back to HQ for a fix it could have taken a while if it was unrideable. There were a lot of DNS’s even at the back end of the field but she could have got unlucky and that might have added another 10 minutes or so.

Jeff

Wowsers! What was that in IF terms?
That’s outrageous power for a 100 as far as I’m concerned!

I’ve got the EDCA 100 on Sunday. If I ride at 235w I’ll be lying down on the verge by 75 miles…

2 Likes

I’ve done very little time trialling this year. Did my second one on Sunday, my club’s Kingston to Worthing TT, which is 46 miles. Ride it there and back for my last long ride before IMCH. Was 12 minutes slower than the last time I rode it, but the course record was broken twice; Adam Bidwell rose 1:39!

Looking back my usual power for a 100 is between 220-230 so this wasn’t much higher, there was at least a 20 minute block at 250W. I also think I went off a bit too quickly, I’m normally very conservative over long races like this, read that as I’m a bit soft!

My FTP in Garmin is set to 290W, although I haven’t done a test or 25 for a long time I think it’s fairly accurate, I did a 20 minute block on the Wattbike at that last week when I was tired and had a bit left in the bank.

According to Garmin my IF was .84 and TSS was 304. NP was 240W but it is a fairly straight course.

Clearly I wouldn’t be running much of a marathon after that, the training peaks slide would put me on the red area or very close. I could have probably hung on for a half but it would have been around 1:42 pace I reckon so well down on what I’m probably capable of.

TRO, I’m a bit surprised given your times you aren’t putting in similar or more watts, you must be pretty aero, I’m not the most flexible person but the position is more aimed at Ironman than a fast TT, I’m going to dig out my faster suit and disc for my next race.

Jeff

Great effort in the 100 @Jeffb, that’s a fair amount of power for that distance - strong!

@wheezy presumably you got the slightly grim weather for the Worthing TT?

I got lucky, rode my second ever 25 on Sunday over at Aldermaston on the H25/1 and weather was great - sunny and gentle breeze :slight_smile:

Had a shocker of prep though, lots of booze the day/night before and then forgot my Garmin so did it totally blind, ended up with 59:36 which is not too bad (first 25 was 58:5x). Started slow and got faster, although I turned up the pace a tad early on the end of the first loop and had to back off a touch at points.

First time I’ve done a non-DC (other than sporting ones) so was a bit nervous about close passes, but actually the traffic isn’t going very quick along the course and it’s a pretty wide road too so actually it felt pretty safe. The only thing I noticed was that compared to a DC it was hard to get a proper head tuck in as I had the head up more to keep the eye out for pot-holes and man holes etc, but on the other hand it’s easily the flattest course I’ve ever done so all worked out equal probably.

Yes, has the worst 4hours of the weekend and rained on me all morning.

I’ve actually got the option of the Lakes 100 this weekend as well, it’s a much faster course and ATM the conditions are looking like a testers wet dream :rofl:, but it will be another hard race, albeit I have got a 4:30 bike to do anyway.

Tempted to go and see how I’m getting on at 50 and whether a PB is on the cards, which is about 4:16, could always back off if I’m suffering or miles out.

All mind games innit, if I can put in a 4:15ish @Jorgan and @Matthew_Spooner might start to get nervous for Hamburg and decide they are going to overreach on the bike, and then I’ll trot past them on the run while they are both suffering :thinking::rofl:

Jeff

1 Like

Jeff, you should ride Hamburg at that pace, you’re clearly a very talented rider.

Don’t forget to say hi when you pass me; I will return the favour on the run :rofl:

1 Like

1.58.28 today for a 50 on Tricycle, 34.09 for 15 on Wednesday on same machine.

Random number generator said 307W @ 74kg for Wednesday and 287W for today.

Trike is a 1950’s Higgins with a PDQ cockpit and Chinese stock 50mm carbon wheels.

Love a bit of testing, pleased to see this thread pop up since my last foray onto TriTalk

6 Likes

WELL BLOODY DONE!!!

That’s a cracking time.
Not jealous at all.

What course was that on?

Today was the Etwall, and Wednesday evening the Breckland.

Course codes A50/6R & B15/1. Today’s course was 2 laps of the National 25 course in a couple of weeks time. Both DC.

1 Like

Etwall course is absolutely rapid!!!
Got all of my PBs (LTS) on that one.
Not rode on there until someone got killed whilst I was marshalling.
It’s due to be an expressway soon, so no more TTs on it.

3:59:59 for me on EDCA 100 this morning. Knew it was tight, had to up it for the last 25, bury myself for the 3-4 miles from the last turn and then sprint finish, LOL.

Wonder if the TK’s saw me eviscerating myself and were ‘generous’ for a couple of seconds…

9 Likes

NOOOIIICCCCEEE :ok_hand:t4::+1:t3::fire:

Excellent TRO

Awesome :sunglasses:

Great riding TRO, hopefully you didn’t need the generosity but manual timing always offers that, if someone was close to a landmark time like that and I was timing I’d give them a second or two.

Was this where Marcin set the comp record?

Jeff

Marcin new comp record today I believe 3:13.

Slower day/course as I think I rode better today than for the 3:56 on E2. That day Marcin went off course and got DQ’d, so a sub 3:10 without question missed.

3 tandems out there riding 3:32, 3:29 and 3:17. Nice to have 2 engines!