There’s going to be no brexit deal

Tomorrow is going to be interesting in supply chain and logistics 🤦🏻

1 Like

#ProjectFear

1 Like

Well, this morning has been reassuring so far…at least from my point of view there has been no panic.

My view is once removed from the operations teams, but it seems to be standard delayed business processes running.

I’m not watching the news because I can’t be arsed with melodrama, so I don’t know what they’re saying.

First time ever people have changed their plans and chosen to go to Hull :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hull. Best viewed from an embarking ferry.

3 Likes

One of our key food suppliers had already started to move it’s incoming hub away from Dover in anticipation of any Brexit probelms. Think Hull was one of the options they were utilising.

1 Like

More worryingly, isn’t that how the Pfizer vaccine comes into the UK?

Yes, it seems like normal business practices are in effect and no sign of panic from my point of view.

I don’t work with whoever I’m bringing the vaccine in, but I’m sure special arrangements wil be made.

Otherwise, we finally have the motivation for phase 2 of my master plan - invade France. Fuck ‘em.

2 Likes

Other than giving us the opportunity to address the challenges without having to fight a global pandemic at the same time. Its f******g crazy to leave with no deal right now, given the fight we’re undertaking with Covid19.

No, in fact, more than that… Its suicidal.

Historical analysis is going to be very very unpleasant for this Tory government. I can see the Conservative party being wiped out by it to be honest.

I’d agree with the Tory wipeout, had a look on the Bet365 site and they are favourites to take the most seats at the next election whenever that may happen. If it weren’t such a long term investment I’d have had a go on Labour

I think you rather over estimate the length of most people’s memories. Not that this government have been great or anything but it’s 4 years to the next election.
If the vaccines work as well as projected by their makers, then the government will focus on that - how quickly they vaccinated the country to get rid of the disease. Any by then, trade will have settled down - I suspect it will be other things that determine how people vote

I’d still bet on there being a deal - both sides are sabre rattling but moving closer, albeit very slowly.
It will be just as damaging to the EU to have no deal as ourselves and for fishing to be the thing that takes the deal down will reflect very poorly on Brussels, especially since their latest breach of promises on sustainable fishing have literally just been announced 4 days ago.

1 Like

How, there’s no mechanism that the EU can vote on it?

The EU will have/find a way. It’s a professional bureaucracy and deals at 11:59 on deadline day are it’s modus operandi; if a deal is agreed then everyone carries on as today.

There is no chance that a deal is agreed but we crash out and both sides start trading on WTO terms because there is no validation.

Might not be a deal though…

Indeed - and now that the UK has agreed with the ratchet principle, it’s simply about how much fishing quota the EU can hang onto.

All my opinion of course. :slight_smile:

Looks like a deal is done. Time for a new direction on this thread…

So…

How many hours before the ERG declare the terms a tragedy, and any supporters of it, traitors?

4 Likes

I was thinking the same myself :rofl:

Immediately after they’ve not bothered to read it I expect

1 Like

How different will it be to what Theresa mmay agreed?

probably somewhat worse… but our destructive press will still conveniently forget the truth, and will blame anyone other than the ERG lunatics who blocked that deal.

1 Like

May never agreed a trade deal, just the withdrawal agreement

1 Like