There’s going to be no brexit deal

“Households have been warned not to stockpile food and toilet roll ahead of 1 January when the UK stops trading under EU rules.” So what will they do, so i better get myself down to Aldi in the morning, here we go again

3 Likes

Yeah right. It’s going to be carnage in the supermarkets if it’s No Deal. Do the ports actually know what is expected of them, or rather, what’s the Govt plan to avoid supply chain carnage…

It brings me back to when I stocked up on baby milk powder during what I thought was going to be Brexit. My son is nearly 2 now…

Was that Feb last year?

29th March 2019

2 Likes

Any deal has to be ratified by the UK and EU parliaments, so it’ll have to be agreed before 31 December unless it comes with some sort of an extension to the current situation.

How many tubs do you have left?! :joy:

Cow and Gate on rice crispies anyone?

I think we only got to 6 or 8 tubs and at the pace my chunk of a son went through it, it’s all long gone.

1 Like

I’ve stockpiled on clif shots, enough calories there to last me til Australia.

6 Likes

Surely the only sane decision right now is to extend the Transition period Agreement by 12 months. There really is more pressing stuff to be dealing with, for everyone.

4 Likes

They’ve had this for four years and done naff all.

23rd June 2016 was the date of the referendum.

We vote for a new(ish) government every 3-4 years.

If they went to another 12 months transition, I’d hope some people would press for a second referendum, now that we actually know about “the stuff”

1 Like

Thought I saw one of the shitrags claiming this morning we’d still vote to leave? Possibly because the EU are being represented as the bad guys that won’t back down.

They’d just be negotiating the same points in 12 months, extending will make no difference

Yes, but the new referendum question could be…

1. No deal immediately.
  2. Work to get back in the EU ASAP.

Either way Boris and co could be winners, doing what the public want.

1 Like

Of course it would; the potential supply chain chaos will only be exacerbated by the pandemic.

Unfortunately there were so many attempts to stop/delay Brexit, disguised as various other things that now - when it’s really valid ‘wolf’ has been cried too often for it to be palatable.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s the real reason for the new strain - to make france close the border.

2 Likes

If so then it’s worked

1 Like

Just posted that in “the other” thread.

Awful news :sob:

Don’t worry, the Brie is still getting through for now :face_vomiting: