Thought experiment- stable destroyed by fire

My mates Isen. The fade is ridiculous. This photo does it no justice

6 Likes

puurddy :+1:

What a twat :rofl::see_no_evil::heart_eyes:

TSC stock them and I often think of selling a kidney to afford one.

Artisanal bike :shushing_face:

1 Like

It took them frigging ages to build it for him. Seat post was too high and had to take it back for them to chop a bit off.

Think he had to also wait for his Chris King bearings fir quite a while too.

It does look pretty though

Think he has deeper wheels on it now

Ā£10K is more than my bikes are worthā€¦but it would be nice to have the garage cleared without having to go to the tip.

Your question made me look and weirdly Cinelli have just last week brought back the WSYIWYG (I tried to get the ā€˜79 version) but I canā€™t find a price tag:

Otherwise I would simplify what I already have; TT, road and winter bikes.

Ā£10K seems a ridiculously large amount to me, but I guess the world has changedā€¦maybe Iā€™d just say ā€œfuck realityā€ and get this for Ā£9,629.00?

1 Like

Right. Had five minutes with my morning cuppa while the kids watched paw patrol. 10 grand does seem quite a lot really. Can give you a huge scope of bikes to choose from - Iā€™ve gone for all new items so no eBay or second hand which Is the way I would definitely go if the situation presented itself

Trainer - kickr - 999
Bike computer - elemnt bolt - 185
Power meter - assioma duo - 699
Winter Road bike - Spesh Allez elite - 1249
Summer road bike - Canyon cf sl 8 di2 - 3299
TT bike - Canyon speed max cf 7 - 3299
Or
Cervelo p-series ultegra - 2999

Comes in just under 10k if I went with the cervelo so I can get a pair of Alphas or next %
:rofl:

Not sure on the Spesh actually could probably find a cheaper/similar level bike if I spent more time on it

4 Likes

Ā£2k Wattbike atom
Ā£800 winter (cube with 105 disk)
Ā£5000 Giant trinity TT eTap
Ā£2200 Giant Propel with 105

Something like that.

Maybe pick the bikes up 2nd hand and treat myself to a better group set on the Propel.

No new power meter, canā€™t be long till my iQ2 gets delivered :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Nice stablešŸ‘

What would you plan on using on the turbo, the Specialized? And no MTB/gravel in there?

Iā€™d use the TT bike on the turbo - thatā€™s what I currently do!

Nope. No MTB/gravel. Iā€™m not one for dirt

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, does your TT bike stand up to the turbo abuse? Iā€™m not usually brave enough to risk sweating all over the cables and headset, but maybe just being a wuss here?

My P3 lives in the turbo. I use a 'head sweat cover (goes from brakes, over headset and along top tube). I also use a small towel/fannel rolled up directly on top of the stem.

I also always use gloves, to stop sweat running down the cables, been doing that for over years and years, never had any corrosion issues.

4 Likes

If I had a garage it would live on there but I have to pack up the whole setup after each use.

Also have a very large towel over the complete front end. Bike gets a wipe down after every ride. No internal cabling on my ancient Planet X probably helps matters

My only rational for using the TT bike is to put time in the aero position on the extensions

3 Likes

Likewiseā€¦my 10 or 12 year old P3 sits on the turbo where it does most of its work these days (although thatā€™s not actually saying that much)ā€¦

1 Like

Ribble Steel!!!
I love mine. Like properly adore it.
Itā€™s just a dream to ride.

1 Like

Yeah, both of these. I actually struggle on a road bike on a turbo. I like having multiple positions to shift into, but largely I do want to be able to spent time in aero

2 Likes

Venge - Road, TTs and Tris
Cheap Gravel/Cyclo-cross - Winter, off-road
Trainer with cheapest eBay road bike

2 Likes

Hmm. Got me thinking, do I actually need a tri bike? Is it worth it for the one or two races I would do as I never ride it outside of racing.

The simple answer is to ride it outside of racing!

1 Like

Exactly. I ride mine all the time! The only time I donā€™t is if Iā€™m riding with others. Like zwift, if Iā€™m by myself then itā€™s faster, as well as generating positive adaptations

2 Likes

:100: