Trail & Ultra Running Thread

I will keep an eye out for you. I will be the one blowing out of his arse a couple of hundred metres behind the sprightly looking young fella (son) who will usually be waiting for his old Dad

1 Like

You’re an all day out kind of fella, can you use this route?

If you fancy something shorter I can put something together on Strava.

There is a pub & community shop at both Cilcain & Lllanarmon-yn-Lal, apart from that it’s slim pickings for refreshments apart from Loggerheads.

1 Like

And I’ll be the one blowing out of my arse up those proper Welsh climbs :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Was thinking of following this gravel bike route (sorry can’t rotate the pic)

1 Like

Can you use this, it’s a slightly abbreviated version of that other one…

1 Like

There is a MapRun version of the 2020 Clwydian Sheeptracks fell race which is a decent day out, about 20 miles depending on route. There are various other MapRun courses in the Clwyds on that website too

1 Like

Ooh - that looks good - have downloaded it and put it on OSMaps

The O2O route looks a little too tasty given it took you 8 years of recces to have a crack at the whole thing

Thanks @r0bh

How’s about this…

Yikes that’s a hell of a steep climb

Will give the 34.7km one a go first - will take plenty of liquids as looks like it will be warm and as you say, not a lot of places to stop for a top up

Thanks for these - much appreciated

1 Like

It’s really not a steep climb, it just goes on a bit. The 2nd route will be easier for you to access from the main roads & starts/finishes at a great pub but might be best to park outside the church.

ETA…there’s also the opportunity to stash drinks at the road crossing 2 or 3 miles further up the road at the unused Clwyd Gate Hotel.

1 Like

Im glad the routes he’s given you seem to be just as savage as the rides I’ve got

@Doonhamer sharing his inner masochist :smile:

2 Likes

Fucking loving it :joy:

4 Likes

Llanferres?

1 Like

Correct, the pub is The Druid.

1 Like

Nice - bit of lunch in the pub at the end - assume not so busy we would have to book on a Saturday lunchtime?

I’ve no idea if you’ll need to book, there’s lots of room inside but I don’t know about their serving hours.

1 Like

Had to rearrange plans for Saturday run as now have to meet son’s girlfriends Dad and family for first time :roll_eyes:

Will still use that route another weekend though

4 Likes

Turning up sweaty in shorts and vest not allowed?

1 Like

Start a hour from our house, 4hr run or so, 1 hr back, would need to leave circa 4am

Another week I think

1 Like