Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Thanks.

Re the Normatec legs, I think so - cheaper version (in the long run) than recovery massage

Mrs T likes using them as well after a long run and even Miss T has been known to use them after being on her feet all day at the hospital

6 Likes

I’ve been following the UTS on Facebook & this picture popped up of a runner who did the 100km barefoot… BAREFUCKINGFOOT :exploding_head:

(Finished sub-27hrs)

ETA I liked the bull obstacle on the 50k route :smile:

7 Likes

Farkin ell

That’s a big bull

Not really sure what the guy doing it barefoot was trying to prove

3 Likes

Perhaps he just likes running barefoot? Rather him than me though!

I saw a guy do the Beachy Head marathon barefoot a few years ago.

A lot of rough stone/sharp slate around Snowdonia. I have stubbed my toes so many times while trail running without shoes for protection my feet would look an utter mess

3 Likes

Yeah wouldn’t be pretty. You’d have to wonder how much faster he’d go with shoes on :man_shrugging:t2:

So we’ve been chatting about this in one of my running groups.

Surely this guy fails the mandatory kit check. You can’t pretend you’re all hard and run it without a jacket in your pack. Why any different if you’re running barefoot? Surely from a risk assessment/H&S perspective it’s black and white?

Unless he was carrying a pair in his bag the whole way. That would be the only way around it right?

2 Likes

I was going to say that he’s putting the emergency/medical folks at unnecessary risk but then thought about my actions in being unprepared for some races, so I guess that might be as bad?

1 Like

From the list:

Suitable trail-running footwear. Road-running or barefoot style shoes are not acceptable.”

Exactly that. Footwear.
So assuming he had to have them in his pack?

He finished in 44 hours apparently (albeit he won the Julian Alps one in 22hrs so clearly no slouch)

Apparently he did carry his shoes with him

https://fb.watch/s1-F1DnJem/?

2 Likes

Imogen Boddy setting off tomorrow to try break the record for UK 3 Peaks by foot

4 Likes

It’s the Hardmoors 110/200 this weekend starting from either Hull’ish or Filey depending on which race.

TC might be in but haven’t checked the tracker yet.

3 Likes

OMG, is he half hobbit!?
Imagine stepping on dog poo :nauseated_face:
I can’t understand those who can minimalist let alone barefoot. Get some protection to your feet, enjoy some cushioning and stability on cambers and over rocks etc.
I tend to add heel cups to my shoes

3 Likes

TC only doing the funrun! Don’t think I’d have bothered going to only do the 110 :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/hsJpNVeK-W4?si=RFr569QmMtCOhII6

Zegama

2 Likes

We’re on an adventure . Harry is ready!

10 Likes

12.km turned around and stopped at Howdens Farm.
Processing: IMG_2770.jpeg…

4 Likes

Wow, you two are amazing and LO is as strong and adorable as ever :star_struck:

1 Like