Trail & Ultra Running Thread

They seem very popular in the US @p00key ?

I’m on a bit of a Precision Fuel experiment at the moment and according to the label, you know exactly how many gms of carb you are getting but as you say, that’s just what the label says!

All over I think , as I am sure its a European brand . No point worrying about if it contributed to any of last years DNF’s just need to retrain my gut for something else later in the year - I might double up on the remainders I have for this weekend …

4 Likes

Just nick half of what @tunster is carrying, he could do with slowing down a bit :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Weather for Saturday is looking ok. Some cloud cover, high of 17C and some stiff breeze.

A far cry from 2021 @tunster !

3 Likes

I have just done my now daily weather check.

Conditions look perfect including a prevailing tailwind. :grinning:

As you say - a heck of a lot better than the scorchio temperatures and no wind whatsoever in 2021.

5 Likes

Damn! Can’t use weather as an excuse now!

4 Likes

I was exchanging messages with my Arc mate last night. He’s dot watching his mate Dave Urwin and someone I met on a training run who also DNF’d Arc, Susie Blunt.

My race starts at 7.30 with a 14hr cut off. I’m targeting 12.30 but any finish will do. I’ll be tuning in when I get home. The very best of luck to you all, :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Game on

15 Likes

Pookey and Tunster through halfway but it’s going to be an overnighter, although only about 5.5 hours of darkness?

Edit: maybe a bit more on the south coast?

4 Likes

Finished 13.5 hrs

18 Likes

Well done :+1:

1 Like

Into the night

13 Likes

14 Likes

Keep going Champs.

Any word on @Edge ?

It’s just proper dark now and will be light just before 4am down here.

2 Likes

We have bailed - don’t known about Chris

Mile 76.6

Frozen to the core and worn out

15 Likes

Saw you’d just dropped off my map. Hope all is OK.
Be good to hear about it in the week.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that for you both but you gave it a bloody good nudge. I finished my race at 8.53pm and you could feel it was getting bloody cold in the shade, even then. Hope you’re both ok and enjoying a bloody big, well deserved breakfast :+1:t2:

Looks like @Edge finished in 22.17 :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

4 Likes

I’ve got a mate doing his first 100. He’s just coming up to mile 99 now. :clap:

6 Likes

Tough luck Pookey & Tunster. It got really cold as soon as the Sun went down especially on tbe Tops. Hope you still had a good experience!

Well done FP :clap: look forward to the race report.

I was pleased with my time and finish, but not how the race went. Turned into a real sufferfest!

100 milers are really frigging hard!

9 Likes