Training - What Training?!

It’s a shame you’re not a portly like me, I’m looking to sell my FOOR 3.5mm cheap.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure how the legs would be today, so just stayed on Zwift and watched the Super League final

2 1/2 hours / 211W NP

6 Likes

Little walk around Tatton Park.
No actual training, but…

I wrote the evening midweek TTs on the calendar
Booked some OW swims
Sorted out the TT bike spares kit
Wetsuit is soaking in the bath
I’ve looked (and baulked) at a hotel for Staffs
Plotted next five weeks of “training” to get me over the line :fire::100:

11 Likes

Steady on, you are setting a bad example, it’s not June yet!

3 Likes

2 hours TTing Sat
First OW today…new lake set up was :ok_hand: and the water was lovely and clear (was it hell 16 degrees tho).
Think that’s the first time in 8 years I’ve swam without shoulder pain too. No idea why either.

Finished off with 50 min on treadmill, too tired and too hot for that then.

8 Likes

Dunno what you’re talking about mate. It’s professional quality. You wouldn’t even know it has been repaired.

9 Likes

Did you get stabbed whilst swimming or something??

6 Likes

Invisible that mate :+1:.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have been when I was swimming as I never swim! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh maaaan.

My triceps and lats and traps are killing me! They’ve not been used in a long, long time!

40 min sea swim. My usual plodding, one pace style swimming. Struggled for the first ten mins and then just settled in. No idea how far. Something between 1500-2000 I’d guess.

10 Likes

Family trying to kill me today.

Wife wanted a run first thing this morning, fair enough, just 5km at a plod but pre-coffee which adds a X5 difficulty multiplier.

Then a solid few hours of DIY, using muscles that haven’t been used in a long time.

Then wife still feeling perky suggests getting the tandem out as it’s feeling really summery. OK. 45 minutes round the lanes. I usually like the tandem because both riders can ride as easy or hard as they want and noone gets dropped. But today was a bit of a grind.

Back home, bath, resist the strong urge to have a full fat beer and have a bud zero instead- day 9 streak

Day should have ended there, except at 9pm junior #3 announced he was going on a run and did I want to come. My rule has always been if one of the kids wants to play exercise, I say yes- although this tested the resolve a little. But I got out of my PJs and into shorts and t shirt and joined him round the playing fields on the dark. Now it’s bed time.

Thankfully work tomorrow

17 Likes

The literal truth.

:joy:

5 Likes

I think I was in bed when you were still on your tandem ride. :joy:

1 Like

Another rubbish week for me. A couple of short runs and a few days up in the hills. Still struggling post illness whatever it was. Resting heart rate still mid 60s (usually high 40s) and just nothing in the lungs or muscles. Will try and build a little more this week but it doesn’t feel like it’s going to be a quick bounce back. Ffs.

7 Likes

45 spin on Zwift.
Getting in and out of the aero position.

Taking her out for the first time this year tomorrow afternoon :biking_man:t4::dash:

TT on Wednesday looks “spicy” weather wise…
…the road is 8km “up” to a roundabout. Turn around and come back “down”…which will be a tailwind for the first time ever.
Which is perfect for my pacing strategy of:
Go like F to the RAB, then die a slow death on the return leg.

Looks like a great way to an easy PB on that course for me :heart_eyes::fire:

4 Likes

I need to get out to do something at lunch time, but i’m shattered. LO decided it would be cool to spend 1200-0200 not sleeping last night, and being a royal pain in the a$$.

Can’t be bothered to run, ride or zwift. Trying to decide which will offer the path of least resistance, whilst not derailing my week. I’m sure i’ll be fine once i’ve put my kit on and started working. But the thought of just lying down for a nap right now is strong!!

8 Likes

Zwift. 30 minutes watching GTN Utah pro bikes and kit videos.

1 Like

Think that’s what i need to do. Just get on the bike, and go from there.

Giro highlights on GCN, too.
Loads of stuff to pass half an hour spinning. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Calf raises this AM, a little tight after yesterday so may have to ease back on mileage when out running. I think just some 5 milers is enough at the moment until a lot stronger.

Weather really warms up end of the week so wetsuit at the ready/ maybe more bike this week

1 Like