Training - What Training?!

Bloody hell !

2 Likes

Just gave blood so definitely rest day :grin:

8 Likes

Did this in the end, 90 min session. Was fine.

8 Likes

Mid Wales is fantastic for getting off the beaten track, I need to get down there more often.

I get to ride fairly regularly at the northern end / south Snowdonia and it can be very remote even quite close to touristy areas.

1 Like

Splashing about session trying to get a bit of technique sorted.

The pool was set up with one lane, the rest open, when I got there, there was one chap in the lane and one in the rest of the pool so I went to the big bit. No-one else joined us in the main pool but for some odd reason three others went into the lane.

Great fun watching them stop-starting, sprinting to overtake before the slower ones pushed off, breast stroking when stuck behind the slower ones.

What is so special about swimming in a lane?

8 Likes

1236, 1273, 1264, 1050 (hiking week), 1149 (Fri only had a 3km swim) my last 5 weeks, but TSS I find isnā€™t the greatest measure as pretty much all of that is Z1/2 (apart from swim intervals)

Apparently my CTL is 150 but I feel like shit :rofl:

5 Likes

Pretty much all Zone 1/2 for me. 0.76IF avg since 01/01/22

6 Likes

Good swim this morning.

Actually felt like some progress was starting to come through

4 x 400m off 6:45
4 x 200m off 3:30
4 x 100m off 1:45
4 x 50 (40:20)

All bar the first 400m weā€™re sub 1:30 pace :grinning:

Had another group who needed to a do a hike, so chose the 16km day two route.

Needed to get to the start point, so thought it would be a great/stupid idea to run there, forgetting that a large part was uphill :weary:

11.25 miles later and then 10 mile hike back to college.

On a bus home now, where Iā€™m going to eat everything in sight.

8 Likes

Nice. Love a triple day :slight_smile:

AM
Just about managed to get out the door and back in time to start work, with a lovely jog around the woods in the sunshine. In autumn/winter itā€™s too muddy to run fast and stay upright, in spring/summer itā€™s baked hard rivulets and roots everywhere so too risky to run fast :sweat_smile:

Lunch
Given an extra few minutes on the hour and squeezed in an easy session on the trainer

3 Likes

I didnā€™t run yesterday and went out on the MTB and vowed to go out today but Iā€™m struggling. Work is taking a toll at the moment :disappointed:

4 Likes

After a few pain free runs in Mallorca, decided to start jogging again. Need to build up to 18km before Staffsā€¦

4km progressive, 1km cd.
All at an easy HR, just working through the lower gears.
4:37, 4:38, 4:28, 4:10, 4:44

Piece of pie.
Ankle is fine when Iā€™m forefoot running.
Just still a niggle when heel striking as I walk.
So no excuses now!
Just run on my tippy toes šŸ«£

6 Likes

30 minute recovery ride this morning.

2 Likes

Nice swim for me today, just a short 15 x 50m, still keeping them all under 60s but dropped to a fixed 15 seconds rest (so roughly off 1:10-1:12). Then some kick drills which remain humiliatingly bad :smile:

Lane swimming is fine if the pool structures it roughly so people go by ability, not just whichever has the least people in it when someone else arrives. Iā€™m not exactly quick but there was me and two proper swimmers in one lane, and some oldie comes in and starts sculling on their back cos the other lane had 5 people in it (who were all plodding along not getting their hair wet).

4 Likes

13km easy run, 1.15 at 5.46 pace

4 Likes

First swim since March 16th.
Drafted someone.
Utter flattery.

1500m at 1:30/100m pace overall.

But hereā€™s the juicy part :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

See your pacing is spot on as always :wink:

1 Like

I love my pacing strategy.
Death on the first 100.
Recover for the rest of them.
Die again on the last one.

Replicates a race start and finish :joy:

(Or, I managed to draft the other guy for the fast ones and was left alone for the slower ones)

1 Like

Last long one before race day, 145km with about 1200m of climbing, unless I follow the LIONā€™s way of doing things and ride the course two days before the race :slight_smile:

7 Likes

An hour low cadence work on Zwift, 3km run off at 4:25/km. felt easy, but shouldā€™ve been faster.

1 Like

Itā€™s the Blum way now isnā€™t it.

He did something g like a race pace bike recce and then a 30km run about a week before. Canā€™t remember the specifics, Iā€™ll dig it out.

Worked for himā€¦

1 Like