Training - What Training?!

Oh no, I hope she is ok? I was relying on her to keep you in check! :smile:

1 Like

Slight Crohn’s flare up - she’s fine but doesn’t want to push too hard at the moment

3 Likes

Understandable. I hope she feels better soon. Better to have her fit for WSER crewing :wink:

3 Likes

@Mungo2 you look pretty tough, until you get to the feet. :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

ASICS gel noosa tri 6?

Assos socks ?!

Forgot my Lonsdale boxing boots, met enough really tough people in my life to know I’m not one of them

3 Likes

These. (I’m just joking of course). Whenever I’m in the Asics outlet shop, I always fancy a pair but not sure I can back up the bold statement. :smile:

2 Likes

Did an hour SUP/kayak with my daughter at Tittesworth Reservoir, under the shadow of The Roaches :heart_eyes:

32° was crazy.
Water was like a bath too :hot_face:

13 Likes

Roth peak run today. Chose a 10k this time, so first car in the car park (a win is a win), did 14.5 mile out and back warm up (luckily had mostly cloud cover), and then pick up in pace for the 10k.

6 minute jog to the car for a cool down, and I’d registered 21.6 miles in bang on 3 hours.

12 Likes

Managed to get for just over 90km today. Was raining when I went out just before 8:30 but cleared into a beautiful day.

Strava tells just over 1000m of elevation gain which is a LOT for me. Not sure I’ll be able to walk tomorrow :smile:

14 Likes

90 mins in the garage at 26 degrees on the bike to try and spare the achillies

Feels better than yesterday but a long way from 100%

Yoga shortly and then will go do 20 mins in the sauna at the gym for heat acclimation although temperatures currently warmer here than most of the route along the Western States course

16 Likes

Don’t overdo anything mate

1 Like

1hr easy Zwift spin.

6 Likes

Pretty decent week for me with being off work, although a little bit restricted to running on Monday & Tuesday with being away and wimping the sea.

Totalled just under 12 hours and Strava effort was nearly 1200. Split something like, bike 7, run 3.5, swim 1.5.

Got some decent quality from the race yesterday and the long ride\brick on Thursday. Only slight downside is this hip which will hopefully settle down with treatment.

It’s the GF’s birthday tomorrow so might be limited training, and I’m doing a long’ish run on Sunday as part of the running club’s Cleveland Way Relay race, because I’m starting in the middle of the moors even the quickest route to my start is about 10k.

Will hopefully manage a 3 hour bike at some point, then I’ll be easing down for the two 70.3’s

6 Likes

Felt a bit shit Friday after Midday run up to radar and banshee descent equalling my ascent and descent PBs. That’ll teach me to show off in conditions a bit warm,

Hill reps run this eve, 20 on small hill. Went ok.

Now tapering this week (that’s my excuse anyway) as 1/2 Tri X a week away, yayyyy, hope it’s so hot that the tarmac is melting on the inclines ala Etape Du Tour 2007. My favourite weather. I should live in Spain I think.

11 Likes

15hrs 4mins this week.

Sprint tri this morning took place of a big bike, but quite a day anyway.

1/2hr bike to the race, sprint triathlon, 1/2hr bike back and 1h15 club swim

17 Likes

32 OK for you?

I’m thinking about buying one and online it says over 6ft go for 34. Hardly any available though.

1 Like

Oh, the air temperature was 32°.

Aldi or Lidl have them in for £200 :white_check_mark:

Doh, I misread the symbol :see_no_evil: I really need reading glasses :nerd_face:

1 Like

5.5 mile run :man_running: :dash: before the sun kicks in. Back home by 7:45 and it was already mega sweaty 4

OW swim this evening to cool off

8 Likes

What lies is that?
We all know Scotland doesn’t get above 12° :scotland:🥶❄

4 Likes