Training - What Training?!

I can tell your a judge / TO / spoil sport !
Good eyes.

The initial post … everyone ignores and looks at the pics… I do the same started

“ 2.5 hour static bike”

3 Likes

Ha ha - I just associate concept 2 with indoor rowing

Can I have my kudos back?

4 Likes

42rpm - that is chugging along

Top work though @Mungo2

1 Like

No
Have you seen my biceps …?!

Thanks anyway x

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

Just over 6h for me this week. I’m Looking at the Intervals fitness chart it seems I spend the majority of my time in the Grey Zone. Most weeks I get the Base training type with 75 to 80% in Z1 + 2. I do one running interval session a week, a 30 min hard run race, and an hour bike race. Not sure where I can fit in anymore harder sessions!

6 Likes

Trained twice today, still nothing on @Mungo2’s efforts.

This morning, gym.
Rowing, 3k, 0.5k.
3 ascending sets of banded clamshells, banded and weighted bridges, military press and ab cycle.

This afternoon, 30 minute spin class.
Instructor LOVED a bit of Craig David.

7 Likes

Time to find a new gym and instructor, and incinerate those two!

8 Likes

aaah my bad!

Have only ever seen a display like that on a rower and tend to see them as instruments of torture, so don’t go near them personally

Hadn’t done the maths properly either :see_no_evil:

Thought you were maybe some sort of closet Steve Redgrave all this time

2 Likes

2 x 20 minute spin classes at lunch.

Can tell I’ve haven’t been running as much. Getting fat!

5 Likes

Boxing first thing
My mate continues to improve nice touch see, he even managed a 3 min round at pace.

Pm
Hyrox sim
Comp weights minus wall balls but did the 8 runs to test put the ankle / Achilles.

1:12:38
Av hr 157 ( so a touch more to give )
Run speed 11.5-12.3 kph.
Those burpees are just nasty. Finished 183 bpm.
Stations went better than my mate Joe or as I cal him skip.

Ankle whilst not mended completely is much much better.

NICE!

4 Likes

Club duathlon night tonight, rode on my commuter with bombproof cast -iron clinchers and no clip on bars for fear of skewering another child.

It’s pretty slow that way, but a good work out. Stayed upright for the whole 30km :pray:

15 Likes

:sweat_smile::+1:

4 Likes

Another half an hour wait until my swim slot opens. I don’t wanna, I don’t wanna!

1 Like

First run back after two weeks off almost to the hour with a nasty dose of salmonella

5 miles easy

Very demoralising after a good block of training feeling crap. Though the longer I’d left starting up again, the worse I would have felt, so good to just get the shoes on, clear the pipes out

13 Likes

Hot Tip for Better swim members around Archway looking to squeeze in a few sets: Pick up a hammer :hammer:and smash your own face in instead :sweat_smile:. “Better” still, chuck the swim kit into the street and go to The Hercules :+1:

Long story short, the pool floor is not level and the tile point in different lines to the lane ropes. I nearly strangled myself in the first few hundred and that was before three breast strokers got in the fast lane with me. I did switch to breast a bit but it was pointless.

Half the desired meters and absolutely terrible technique trying to see where the hell I was going.

9 Likes

Gym first thing. Very cold.

4.5k row.
2 sets each of donkey kicks, banded clamshells, banded bridges, sumo squats and some core work.

9 Likes

Good shift in today

15 Likes

Tuesday: Track session 11 x 500m with 60s rest. Really happy with this, was destroyed by the end. 10km in total with WU/CD.
Wednesday: Club run and then run home for just over 16km

Would have liked to get out on Monday, but can’t grumble with my start to the week so far.

10 Likes


You have to laugh

4 Likes