Training - What Training?!

5km jog. Back is still against me :sob:
On the plus side, lungs and legs were fine and dandy :white_check_mark::heart_eyes:
Plus, I bunked off a tad early and it was LIGHT for the duration, which was epic.

17 Likes

Gym. Very early.

3.5k row. Loads of glute and shoulder work.

7 Likes

Day off yesterday
Day off tomorrow

This morning was lots off wall balls with big breaks inbetween just technique and practice

This afternoon

Running around the gym car park in the pouring rain 330 m “ lap” apparently in shorts and a vest ( replicating Saturday )
Kept hr low and felt nice

People were looking at me like I was a full blown simpleton though, why do we do this sh@t

14 Likes

Good luck for Saturday Gary. You’ve put in the training, I’m sure that you’ll smash it!

1 Like

If my body holds up from both knees down I’m hoping to do ok.

Cheers

8 Likes

Yesterday 45 minute spin class.

Today 7.1km run. 31:14. 88m elevation.

8 Likes

Double post.

8.4km run. Absolutely knackered. Think my body is either fighting something, or something else is going on.

36:57. 126m elevation.

14 Likes

You still smashed it out at 4:28 pace :muscle:.

It’s always a toss up who I see first on my Strava feed in the morning, you or Cameron Wurf…& he’s in fucking Australia :joy:.

12 Likes

Haha thanks. I genuinely prefer getting it over the way with early. And, you know, work and family and all that….

Don’t know what’s wrong with me, perhaps it’s just getting old.

5 Likes

Something I’m not sure I’ve ever done before - aborted an 11+ mile run due to brutal conditions.

Ended up just over 6 miles with about 1000ft ascent, conditions very very windy and constant rain, really grim. Pleased to be safely back home thawing out in front of a roaring stove.

Suprisingly saw no-one, not a sole during the jolly jaunt.

14 Likes

Surprising …!

Well done for going out in that !

1 Like

Right winter nets start in March so 4-5 weeks to get some fitness and strength in. Time to start training properly.

12 Likes

Another poor week for me with just under 7 hours. Probably about 5:30 cycling and the rest swimming with a couple of easy gym sessions. Only had about 1 short Zwift effort as well.

Not running has obviously reduced it quite a bit, but I’m going to restart later in the week and see where things are.

A bit like Adam above, I’ve just not felt it this week, nothing particularly obvious expect a bit of an upset stomach a few days ago which didn’t help my sleep, busy and hassly week at work probably contributed as well.

Anyway, ticking over, and will see how the running goes next week.

11 Likes

:pensive_face:

I was going to say 5 hours for me, that’s pretty good! :joy:

Starting to pull a couple of weeks together now, trying to exercise 4/5 times a week. Dare I say it, but just starting to hear the first couple of drips of fitness in the bucket. Will see if I can continue and pull a bit of fitness together.

12 Likes

I’m in the same boat, 5 1/2 hours.

One missed run and two missed planned turbos. House admin being my main drain of time this weekend.

On the plus side, I have cleared an enormous amount of shite that I’ve been hoarding for years, so somewhat liberating!

11 Likes

8h 20 for me, majority of that is easy bike commute. Still no running which I’m missing. Swim and bike are on the up though.

10 Likes

Looking back over the last 3 weeks I’ve been lucky to get a good block of training in but boy did I feel it on a what should have been an easy run yesterday.

Going to rein it in for a few days whilst still trying to do enough to stop me feeling wretched… :balance_scale:

5 Likes

Got up for a jog before my train today, raining, dark, CBA :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

January;

Wk1: 10hrs
Wk2: 11hrs 50mins
Wk3: 9hrs 15mins
Wk4: 3hrs 15mins

:roll_eyes::face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

7 Likes

Just an offload week mate.

2 Likes

Triple office day this week too :roll_eyes: