Training - What Training?!

I’ve been trying to find some consistency again over the last few weeks after a couple of practically nothing weeks towards the end of March.

Not managing great volume, but trying to get back to 4/5 days a week of something.

Majority of cycling has been sweetspot type workouts on Zwift. I’m starting to feel generally fitter, but the intervals don’t appear to be getting any easier. I was hoping for a bit of an early jump in power but that’s not materialising.

But at the same time, my aerobic fitness (HR for a given activity) does seem to have seen a bit of a marked uptick.

As my race is only 3 and a bit weeks away, i don’t think i’m really going to know what shape i’m in until i drag myself out of that lake after floundering around for 45 mins!! It’s going to be a hard one to judge planned power, as i’m just untrained. But also as it’s a total no risk race, i’m completely willing to roll the dice and just see what happens! Expectations are zero! I’m also not going to taper for it, beyond easing up for 2/3 days before and not doing anything silly in the last week.

12 Likes

Hour long spin class this morning.

Very tired and very sweaty afterwards.

7 Likes

30 min jog. Very easy. Felt weird again - light headed and “weak” :stopwatch::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m a bit the same. My injuries seem to be dying down but my back is really letting me know what it’s been though historically, and that’s getting a regular feature.
I’ve only ran twice since Sunday but I have done two Zwift sessions as well and I’m pretty sure I’m feeling better for it.

Work is whacking me with a mighty big stick lately. I think I will have to pull out of SDW100, it’s 6 weeks on Saturday and I’m barely doing 50km p/w right now :frowning_face:

4 Likes

So you’ve been sandbagging from at least 5 weeks out :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

55m easy run. Minutes not meters this time :rofl: @fruit_thief

8 Likes

Nah, 6 weeks is plenty of time!

Get in a solid block - Couple of longer runs and keep up the zwifting and you’ll be good to go!

2 Likes

First full hyrox for some time
All runs at 13.5 kph ( 4:30 kms)
Stations slightly adapted only 90 wall balls but mostly there or there abouts

1:15:12
Av hr 155
Pleased
I’m no fitter than Jan, maybe slightly less I’m just not running with a constant Achilles issue makes it sooo much easier. Who knew !

Pm
3 x 500 swims
5 mins stretching in between
Fair to crap.

9 Likes

Know the feeling. 3x90 hour weeks have left me knackered. Deal completed at 2.30 am this morning. Early night tonight and then back in serious training tomorrow

Had grand ideas of a sub 24 at SDW this year but that ain’t happening

8 Likes

Back in the pool today :star_struck:

5 x 400m easy, mod, CSS, mod, easy

Right lens leaking. My latex hat snapped, so spare silicone on, which always pops off :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Deffo worth one second per length :rofl::roll_eyes:

Sacked off tonight’s bike packing trip, as it’s -1°, feels like -4°, overnight and this is meant to be enjoyable, right :question:

Swimming: I’ve now done three consistent weeks of three times per week at 1500m, 1800m, 2000m swims :white_check_mark: up to 2400m next week :exploding_head::scream::scream::exploding_head:

12 Likes

Gym this morning.

Will swim later.

6 Likes

In the gym at 6:30 - 56 mins of cruise intervals

5 Likes

Is that sprinting really fast for 5-6 seconds with imaginary explosions behind you then immediately recover?

… oh wait, no. That’s Tom Cruise intervals.

4 Likes

There was one explosion from behind but fortunately nobody seemed to notice (or were too polite to say)

1 Like

17km easy to test the knee. All going well until 15km in. :cry:

14 Likes

That’s one way to test the knee!

4 Likes

Which would be great but it’s the other knee :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Oh no FP, heal up quickly :crossed_fingers: Also, you lose a thumbnail?

2 Likes

Thanks Anna. No, my thumbnails have always been in a state for over 30 years now but they get a lot worse in times of stress (and winter). They usually file up nicely but look like they’ve been hit with a hammer lately. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Outdoor ride.
Easy 55min 30km on the summer bike ‘cos it was dry.

Power meter on the fritz, so went on feel …

… where that feel is;

“Shit. I’m on a road bike. In the dry. With no wind. On deep rims and latex tubes. This is fast” :monorail::steam_locomotive:

5mins faster than planned. Whoops :rofl::face_with_peeking_eye:

10 Likes