Training - What Training?!

I was planning a couple of hours on the local backroads. But then it started to hail hard so sod that. Lit the fire.

4 Likes

Hailed here during the week.
We’ve got the fire ready for the -1° tonight. :cold_face::fire::white_check_mark::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Clocked my first Century of the year today :grin:.

No need to talk about ave speed, power or stoppages because it was after a swim, early season, cold, windy & hilly.

10 Likes

Jews looked stunning though :ok_hand:t2:

ETA - what a typo, should obviously have been views! Stupid phone

5 Likes

Weather has turned from snow/sleet to blue skies today but my wife thinks labour is imminent and has rightfully torpedoed my 180k bike ride :cry: will get something done indoors or run/swim

8 Likes

45min 8.2km wobbly jog

Started to go to parkrun, but felt stiff as a board, so diverted onto a nice little loop I call “the rollercoaster” as it’s up and down and off road ish and fun :roller_coaster:

Took 7km to warm up :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::weary:
So one kilometre at 4:57/km which felt nice, then a 200m cool down :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

False alarm on the baby front so got 1h40m jog in, first 30m of which were with my 28/9kg boxer puppy. She was a menace at the start but tired quickly.

50m easy-ish swim later. PB/Paddle work, focused on inhale as I start catch and going back in as I start to pull with finishing off the stroke/i.e pushing the whole way through.

Might be in with a shout of a reasonable ride tomorrow AM - on very much my best behaviour tonight. Pumped up the Swiss ball, making her cups of tea and keeping her fuelled with chocolate raisins….

14 Likes

You could go for a simulated IM and tomorrow and trust me, the grief you get over that will be nothing to what’s she’s going to shout at you during labour. :rofl: :hear_no_evil:

5 Likes

Mine was the opposite. When she’s genuinely in a tough place she goes totally quiet and manages it completely inwardly.

So when that started to happen, I knew shit was getting real! :joy:

9 Likes

Haha, I went for a run just before my second son was born. Maybe 20 odd km or similar - wife went ballistic when I got home. Quickly forgotten though :smiley:

10 Likes

Up at 0530 for a 6am century off road ride … but it’s chucking it down. And three degrees :cold_face::weary:

Route is loaded, kit is out, nutrition and spare clothing packed … however …

… Zwift is warm and dry (but dull):face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

15 Likes

Check out wheezy’s ride yesterday for some motivation! Got to say it isn’t working on me though looking out of the window :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Weather’s pretty decent up here, don’t know what @Poet is havering about.

But yeah, @wheezy chapeau :clap::clap::clap: that was a good leg stretch.

7 Likes

Decent morning for me. Didn’t even bother thinking about the out of doors for my cycling! :joy:

90 mins on zwift. Some tempo interval workout, all intervals (a d majority of recoveries) in aero. Pretty tough. Sweat a lot. But just plugged away at it.

Straight into a lumpy run. 150m elevation in 7.7km, at 4.05/km pace. Waaay too fast for a HIM run at this fitness level. Knew it was too quick by about half way (was 4 x short laps), but decided to press on and just use it as a tough workout rather than a race sim.

Did somehow manage to get cramp in my abs when I was in the shed floor putting my trainers on though! :joy:

That’ll do.

10 Likes

Just need to jump into the sea later :joy:

2 Likes

Let’s not get carried away now Jeff.

I really should think about trying duathlons though! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Plan today for a small bike run bike run combo (replicating ROC Wales).

Trouble is that the minus 5 at 0700 was not too endearing to going out. Still prevaricating looking out of the window seeing the driech cold grey… hmmmm, at least the windscreens have thawed out.

Anyway time will tell - stove roaring away inside makes it a tough choice…

6 Likes

Cheers guys. Weather wasn’t too bad. Was raining a little at the start but soon stopped and it was cool and cloudy all day. It only started raining for me in the last couple of hours but by then I was on roads I knew and was motivated to get back to the hq. Will put a write-up in the backpacking thread. :+1:

7 Likes

Resting today, knee and shoulder are too painful for running and I can’t use the turbo because every time I bend my knee that far, the wound keeps opening back up. :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Awful weather here, but I do enjoy running in it.
Pretty much full winter kit mind.

Only 7km, but felt better. 2 very brief walks to stretch the hip. It’s a very strange “injury”.

Everywhere flooded…it had just dried out ffs.

8 Likes