Training - What Training?!

Same

2 Likes

Yeah same.

Trying to scheme how Iā€™m going to get some exercise in nowā€¦

I was the opposite. A mate is doing a solo 100 miler around Cornwall so Iā€™ve been dot watching and inspired. Couldnā€™t sleep very well, as is often the case when I plan to get out for a longer activity.

Woke up at 4.30 and just rolled with it.

Set out to run 25-30km or so, round a flat, off road loop that my friend is putting a 6hr race on in the autumn. Was absolutely glorious down there (around the new estuary, so wetlands and river). Nice hard packed path. Loads and loads of wildlife. Obviously quiet at 5am! :joy:

Just built into it and decided to see how I went for 2 hrs on the course (plus a 2.5km commute down)
Managed to squeeze in 9 laps in the 3 hrs by pushing the last lap a tad.

Check the pacing! Thatā€™ll keep me honest (read knackered) for the rest of the day.

Typing this as I walk home. I should do this more often rather than just running to the door and collapsing inside. Itā€™s quite refreshing.

10 Likes

Just looked that one up, interested. :+1:t2:

1 Like

@funkster and @Adam

90km in 2:35.
Utterly grim.
Quit the second loop.

My legs massively cramped at 80km, so cold.
NINE DEGREES :cold_face:

EDIT: :rage:
Aerohead visor has cracked all the way up the nose bridge. Now useless Ā£72 replacement :tired_face:
I only paid Ā£140 for the helmet with two visors (second hand!)

Powertap pedals seem to have finally given up the ghost. Coming off and on all the time.

XLab aero pouch bracket snapped. The ā€œmetalā€ bridge appears to be made from cheese.

I also replaced a brake cable before the ride.

So that was an expensive ride. FFS :money_with_wings::wave:

14 Likes

Weather is foul this morning. Well done for getting out!

1 Like

Weā€™ve got the rain coming in this afternoon. Was a cracking morning

9 Likes

Iā€™ll loan you a tinted aerohead visor for the season so long as you pinky promise to post it back this winter? Iā€™m not racing this year Iā€™ve got a pizza oven to build!

2 Likes

Mine broke as well but Iā€™ve been using it as I can still see through it, ridiculous how much a visor costs. Itā€™s a disposable society :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Casually drops almost a 3:20 marathon :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Was meant to be thunderstorms at 11:00, so headed out towards Epping Forest to do some lumps, which meant I should be at my Co-op stop at about 3 hours, then itā€™s anywhere between 55-120 mins home depending on route.

Even 20 minutes in I felt crappy.
Was sweating a lot even for me and just had that ā€œthirstā€ you get when youā€™re under the weather.

Had put a brand new tubular on last night but where all the rain has washed the crap onto the roads, got a rear wheel puncture 2 1/2 hours in

Tyre weld seems to have done the job.

Again used it as a ā€œthis is how Ironman feelsā€ session.

Feet up for the rest of the day and gonna watch the mayhem of the gravel stage of TdF

Even with a day off and two single session days, still managed 18 hours this week

10 Likes

Iā€™ve got a tinted one. Those are the ones we donā€™t need in British summertime :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s the one the helmet comes with and Iā€™m too tight to buy the clear one :laughing:

2 Likes

7.5hrs and 90km running for me this week. Chuffed with that. Havenā€™t run that much in a long time.

The total opposite of what any self respecting coach or physio would suggest! :joy: But Iā€™ve never been good at sensible.

Will dial it back a tad next week. Left knee is a touch sore after I got a bit carried away today. But from an energy and aerobic perspective, it didnā€™t even touch the sides which is positive.

Maybe back on the turbo for a few hours next week. Though the boys are heading out for a VK tmw eve and Iā€™m not sure I have the willpower to resist. Thatā€™ll be mostly power walking though if I do go.

12 Likes

Nice :+1:

1 Like

Pretty average week but was back to work on Tuesday and that has been busy this week, migraine on Tuesday so decided to rest.

7 hours with slightly more running than cycling but only 10 minutes of swimming yesterday as Iā€™ve been trying to avoid any risks with the eye.

Was feeling a bit lethargic earlier in the week after the second 85K 70.3K bike leg which I did at about race pace followed by the brick.

In a phase of racing for now so mostly recovering during the week.

Should say Iā€™m pleased with 3:40 of running, the parkrun yesterday wasnā€™t flat out but a decent pace, this morning was largely paced with current fitness in mind :joy:

4 Likes

After several 11 something hour weeks the last two have been bang on 12 ( itā€™s strange that this makes me happy!)
This weeks delights included some swimming ( my first since the swim disaster at a race that turned out ā€œ ok in the endā€
2 x boxing sessions ( they went well)
2 x hyrox sessions
2 x run intervals
A park run and the usual other stuff.

Stick at it !

8 Likes

10hrs for me last week, but pretty intense :smile:

4 x swims
4 x bikes
4 x runs

84CTL, 94ATL, -14TSB

Iā€™ve taken a rest this morning, am in the office two days this week, then a short break on Friday.
So a welcome ā€œrecoveryā€ week (even though itā€™ll be jam packed!)

8 Likes

Oh man. The DOMS have done me dirty today! :roll_eyes::grimacing:

Hadnā€™t actually clocked the reality of the time and distance whilst I was running yesterday, as I was just enjoying myself! :joy:

Plus went for a short family walk in the morning and then was on dreaded DIY duties all afternoon. Up and down the stairs and to the shed and back a million times!

11 Likes

Yeah, theyā€™re coming for me as well :grimacing::joy:

Garmin says rest day :roll_eyes:

3 Likes