Training - What Training?!

I sat on the sofa too long yesterday morning and literally had to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees. That was after doing the ‘penguin waddle’ to the bottom of them! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Double rest day!
Bit of stretching and walking today that’s all.

Ready for tomorrows test session
Think park run with 4 sets of exercises in between.
Delightful!

5 Likes

Managed a brief swim in briefs at lunch.
1600m in 200s, 100s and 50s. 1:29/100m average pace.

I can see the plateau before me, but there’s no summit to climb. The ascent has been rapid, it’s now time to hunker down at base camp :mount_fuji::camping:

6 Likes

Think i may get a tad soggy tonight!

8 Likes

If I showed that to our cricket coordinator he would say dont worry youll be fine and it will miss us, or will come later etc.

8 Likes

Are you sure he’s not a piss up in a brewery organiser?

5 Likes

45 minute spin class. Legs tired now.

4 Likes

Sacked off my evening jog.
Too much garlic :face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I can confirm it’s like the middle of f**king winter out there. Except not cold! :laughing:

Howling wind and absolutely peeing it down. But boy do I love those sessions! Me and my partner in crime, up and down the steps on the coast path. Big grins on our faces like two naughty schoolboys. Love it.

Legs were (very) surprisingly good after yesterday’s shenanigans. Quite shocked by that. Sore knee was sorted out by a good sleep.

Legs were really tiring on the last rep or two on the really steep stuff. But overall pretty flippin chuffed with that.

10.28km and 1,237m elevation on the SWCP. :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Looking forward to my week of holiday in Devon :grimacing:

7 Likes

Soaked to the bone in heavy selvedge jeans on the way to station this morning. Sacked off the ride in and will get the other train (time neutral) as CBA getting wet through.

3 Likes

3 run sessions in 3 days and foot is feeling ok! My friend said that running on plantar fasciitis won’t necessarily make it worse. Anyway 6 weeks off and fitness very low and weight very high! Hoping to get to the start line for a race on Sunday, but going to start slow and see how it feels.

Just logged my 6000th Strava activity!

10 Likes

Easiest spin class in living memory this morning ( av hr 104!)

Pm
Not so much
Seven runs and 6 stations to failure.

Hit a new max hr ( 187!) watch and chest strap agreed too.
Couldn’t really speak for 4/5 mins afterwards.
Nice !!!

8 Likes

Love that, glad to see on the road to recovery.

I also managed a 5k treadmill run. Thankfully no calf twinges or pain.

7 Likes

@Mungo2 have you tried Zwift? Bet it would be right up your street

2 Likes

Tried it once ( bike fit on the biggest screen I’ve seen outside of a cinema ) it was mad watching a cartoon me cycling up the road

Your not the first person to say it’s a bit of me but for whatever reason I didn’t like it?!?

All my hard efforts are done to music and we have a c2 type watt bike now, I’m really enjoying that at the min.

4 Likes

interesting. My youngest son doesn’t like it either, makes him travel sick. Just thought maybe you’d munch up the races

1 Like

Quite a varied year this year race wise.
Cycling indoor and out is actually going quite well on quite little.
Really getting those 70.3 urges but it won’t be this year maybe zwift would help that.

3 Likes

30 mins very easy turbo, just to turn the legs over.

2 Likes

Great to hear, let’s hope we have an injury finish 2nd half of the year.

3 Likes