Training - What Training?!

@Adam that made me want to do the race, but term time rules it out, unfortunately.

1 Like

Great write up: 270np is going pretty hard, what was your IF?

Once you get towards the front of the field, the times get really tight

1 Like

Term time is a bit of a killer @Hewligan - Iā€™ve got two years left until that game is up!

0.9 @Matthew_Spooner - obviously based on an ftp of 300 - I havenā€™t actually tested in a little while though. Going to give the newish ramp test on Zwift a go, see how I get on

Same FTP as me, IF 0.9 is too much for me to run off, I can run a 1h30 off a 0.82 IF. I tend to aim in range 0.8-0.82, typically puts me in top 10 in my AG on bike

I think if you dropped power a bit, you could make up more time on the run

1 Like

Yes completely agree with you. My bike split was bang on tenth in M35. I set my my Elemnt Bolt to auto lap after each hour. First lap was 260w with a nice tailwind. Second lap is where I overcooked it on the climbs and headwind and averaged 286w. Final half an hour was mainly downhill or flat with the tailwind again so power was a touch lower. Also living in SW London/Surrey and my lack of hill running had most likely hampered me on the run too

Generally getting very wet at the moment! The weather is ā€˜Perfettoā€™ at the moment though, as itā€™s not cold with it :wink:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a new long sleeved one outā€¦but not available in the Forest Gray, with orange stripe :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Iā€™ve got cap, socks, aero shorts, aero jersey, and the Perfetto jersey and gilet in that colour way. I use plain black 3/4 Nanoflex for autumn/spring riding.
Itā€™s perhaps a little overmatched to the BMC, but it looks pro

Whatā€™s that new Perfetto RoS jacket offering, or have they discontinued or renamed something else? I have the grey/black Alpha ā€˜Lightā€™ RoS jkt; tbh itā€™s too warm for most conditions for me! I have used the inner ā€˜proseccoā€™ liner zipped-up maybe once.

Today the nanoflex arms and Perfetto Light were ideal; I have a pair of Gore ā€˜next 2 skinā€™ selective windstopper shorts on; ideal in winter - and I got them new & free off a workmate who was too skinny for them :sunglasses: Iā€™m surprised more brands donā€™t do windstopper panelled shorts.

They have named the RoS back to Perfetto, so now the full range has the same name.
I have the Nanoflex knee warmers if I want shorts for the evening, but need the warmth on the way in (if I ever cycle commute again!)
Yes, if they did shorts in the Perfetto material, thatā€™d be superb :slight_smile:

Canā€™t watch that vid right now; Iā€™ll need to look at their site to find out what the latest naming convention is!

ETA - so it basically looks like they added RoS into the product names for Gabba/Perfetto and put some external taping on the shoulders, like the Alpha. Who actually pays Ā£150 for a Perfetto Light? :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe we should kick off another Gear thread?

Iā€™ve been light on training but getting 4hrs a week commuting done. Character building in this weather.
Hopefully my knee is clear to swim, run and bike harder next week.

2 Likes

Fairly easy week for me so far but the plague is going round our office, luckily Iā€™m out the next two days if Iā€™ve avoided it, but been feeling a bit croaky.

Jeff

1 Like

Try that pre-emptive cold stuff.
You know, echinacea and tumeric, ginger, lemon and all that jazz.

Thatā€™s what happens when you work at a Uni - all those youngā€™uns bringing their germs from the four-corners.

Echinacea. Snake Oil. Probably.

Tried it :wink:

Commuter bike. Finally realised my lower jockey is literally round and the chain (which is now 2m long) is literally being held in place by the cage. Put on new chain & jockey wheels yesterday, oh guess what, cassette interface now very crunchy out of the saddle :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

Looks for new cassette.

1 Like

2 degrees this morning :grimacing: Thermal vest, hat and gloves

1 Like

Frost here, 2 degrees in mid-Cheshire.

Snow on the mountainsā€¦ looks beautiful

Just tried to get a good nightā€™s sleep and resting today as Iā€™m at a conference.

Luckily itā€™s no worse so I can keep the snake oil on hold.

Jeff