Training - What Training?!

@Adam - well done Adam, sounds like a good race to do.

@jeffb - vicks first defence is good if you use it as soon as you think you might be getting a cold.

1 Like

Conferences are the always the best place for sleeping. :+1:

Half Marathon Tempo runā€¦ first run since Nice

Felt awsome for first 5km, felt normal for next 10km, felt bloody terrible for final 6k

Sitting at my desk, legs siezing up, left knee sore, what is going on? It was not a fast run at 1h39 for HM distance

Think I may go into hibernation for the winter and come out when it is time to train for Lanza

1 Like

Youā€™re gettinā€™ old.

First run in nearly a month and you run a tempo Half Marathon! Thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong

5 Likes

Agreed, although it depends what you define as ā€œtempoā€ pace. Our club tempo sessions are pitched at the pace you can hold for 10k to an hour, so faster than HM pace. Iā€™m guessing Matt was meaning ā€œtempoā€ as what Iā€™d loosely call an ā€œeffort paceā€, so faster than simply cruising around, but slower than HM pace. Interested to hear what he was intending though.

That said, the point about the first run back in a month being 21k is fairly valid, regardless of pace! A month off running, and I would certainly need to ease the legs back into things over a series of runs, and reconditioning the legs and soft tissue to the pounding on the pavement.

ā€¦or you could call it Z3/sub-threshold.

or just a run

3 Likes

Pete is certainly one of the people who doesnt fit into the ā€œhavent run for a month, so donā€™t go run a HMā€ bucket.

Donā€™t think he fits into most normal categories :joy:

Worryingly accurate

Exactly that, my HM pace is 4:15/km and I started out around 4:30/km - its a slow route, with lots of small ups and downs, and mainly gravel paths and not wearing VF4%, so probably only slightly off HM pace.

I was running at 156-157bpm, my zone 3 is 149-158bpm, normally for a HM is would be at 160-161

Haha, the bloke who decides a lunchtime 8k will be a good idea hours before an ultra :joy:

Unconventional!

4 Likes

My immune system canā€™t seem to figure this bug out, felt alright this morning after about 9 hours sleep.

Then felt a bit ropey with that slightly rough throat and itchy nose a couple of hours ago, improved a bit since but I might bin tonightā€™s run or reduce it.

Been on a conference in Leeds so lots of new germs to fight on public transport.

Jeff

I was feeling a bit tight and tetchy so needed to stretch the legs out a bit. Iā€™ve got a 2 hr train journey to the start line, so i know iā€™ll feel a bit sluggish at the start. But the opening 14km are the quickest and flattest of the whole route. So needed the legs to have a bit of bounce at least!

1 Like

Sprained my wrist playing bloody five-a-side last night :sob::sob::sob:

Just ā€˜wonā€™ a Sprint from a group of 5 on Zwift. That never happens! I dropped them after a climb, couldnā€™t get more than 4-5 secs on them so waited, recovered in the grupetto, someone went for broke at the flamme rouge. Chased him, and overhauled in last 200. Good workout! :sweat_smile:

Hope you zipped up and raised both hands ?!

Hope you havenā€™t been manipulating your data like that cockwomble who lost his swift championship recentlyā€¦!

FFS What next?

Well done by the way !

1 Like

4 swims: Easy drills, active recovery, some terrible 200s and a nice CSS test (6:04/2:52) for 1:36/100m
4 rides: 1h15m, 1h40m, 2h24m and 3h20m
All nice and easy
3 runs: two easy, one approaching something close to tempo

12hrs total

3 Likes

9.5 hours this week, with another 3 runs and still not injured. :grinning:

x3 bikes, turbo, long commute and a long ride of 2hrs 20 yesterday.

x2 swims with a pretty disappointing css test, but Iā€™ve got all winter to sort that out.

Easy week coming up.

3 Likes